Sunday, July 14, 2019

Quiet On A July Sunday Morning

6:08

8:47
It's 6:50 and 66º on a surprisingly empty and quiet lake.  No bass boats woke me this morning, just the beginning of morning light at 5:45.  I am listening sporadically to a podcast from the Ringer on the NBA draft.  I am not too good a multitasking, listening or reading.


Kayak Morning

A Hungry Heron
Saturday was just about the best day of summer so far.  We loved it, sparkling lake, sun, a light breeze and nothing we had to do, just enjoy the day.  We had our usual Saturday morning, me out kayaking early across to the end of Lakeside Drive, Evie having a leisurely coffee and wake up.  We then decided to have a morning cruise so we gathered the trash, cleaned out the fridge and I made my way to a busy Transfer Station.  We decided to boat south, beyond the bridge, as far as Niets Crest, admiring the various cottages and homes before darting across the lake to the east side, and slowly cruising back under the bridge to Bemus, its shoreline and home.  We were out on a good hour and a half along with what seemed to be the rest of the boats on the lake  We had never seen the Bemus Point area so busy with boaters.

Evie made me a couple of tuna sandwiches to go with my kuru fasulye, then headed out to enjoy the dock.  I ate, watched my show, read, then took a nap before going out on the dock to join her.  I read for about forty-five minutes before I became antsy and grabbed the rake and started cutting weeds in front of the dock, some as long as five feet.  I filled a couple of buckets, swam, then went in, showered and changed, then washed both of our cars, dirty from the roads and bird droppings.  They seem to love our two cars and we have nowhere else to park except under the trees, where they must hang out or perch on our car mirrors.  Frustrating.

We settled out on the porch around 6:00, having made the decision to stay home, rather than go to the Rod and Gun for dinner.  It was too nice on our porch and we had a couple of stuffed portabellos leftover from a previous for dinner.  So Evie made us some nachos with cheese and TJ's double roasted salsa, our favorite, and I made a couple of Manhattans for us.  We must have sat out over an hour, as the lake calmed down, the boats began to disappear and the day began to wane.

We had dinner around 7:30, the portobellos, enough because we had filled up on nachos.  We channel surfed for a while, found nothing of interest so we went back to THE GOOD FIGHT, a somewhat cheesy copy of the popular THE GOOD WIFE, with many from the old show.  Like all of these shows, there has to be a conflict and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We stuck with it, even when they reintroduced the crazy female lawyer from THE GOOD WIFE.  I thought we had left her behind but I guess not.  It's a sad evening when we have nothing we really want to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...