Thursday, July 11, 2019

Back To Gray

7:17
It's 6:45, a quiet overcast morning and quite warm, 70º.  I woke at 6:15 with a nice breeze coming in the window.  We expected it to rain overnight but, surprise, the weather app was wrong.  We may get rain this afternoon.  I only was out on the water for 20 minutes, having got up late and had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00.  Since all of us are in our mid 70's, we ended up talking today about friends that have died, those who are in nursing homes, others who just went to the emergency room.  Not exactly uplifting but I better get used to it.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was a miserably hot and muggy day, not one of our faves.  Let it snow.  I was up and out early, paddling over to Tom's Point and back, lucky to avoid the heat of the day.  I drove to Lakewood only to find a note on the door of yoga that it had been canceled.  I guess I signed up too early in the morning because when I checked when I returned home, it said canceled.  I did get a few things done, stopped at the bank, at Sav A Lot, got gas and surprised Evie by coming home early. 

We both wanted to work on the lake weeds so, before lunch, we both got out there and cut a bunch of lake weeds, the only two crazies on the lake.  There is a simple pleasure,  however, in pulling a bunch of five or six feet weeds in the lake, clearing an area.  Before I started cutting, I took yesterday's weeds, which were drying on our dock, up the hill.  It supposedly makes great compost if you let it sit over the winter.  For lunch, I made a couple of pieces of avocado toast with tomatoes and heated up a bowl of my white bean stew.  Yum.  I watched my show, DOGS OF BERLIN, read some, napped and then joined Evie on the dock.  Around 3:30, she drove to Westfield to pick up an Xray she needs for a doctor's appointment next week.  She stopped to pick up a cherry pie at Portage Pie, some vanilla ice cream at Tops so we had something to look forward to after our dinner.  While she was gone, I swam, scoured the bottom of my boat, getting rid of the scum and zebra mussels, and enjoyed the late afternoon sun until Evie returned.

We then relaxed on the front porch with wine for Evie, a vodka tonic for me and a small bowl of guacamole with chips.  It had finally cooled off some so we could sit on our front porch.  Dinner was leftover potatoes, sliced and fried up, with last night's Wienerschnitzel and a salad.  We watched the final episode of the HBO documentary I LOVE YOU, NOW DIE.  It was a complicated,  precedent-setting case and we were not sure how we felt about the verdict.  It ended with her being taken off to prison for a 15-month sentence, too lenient for many, too severe for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...