Friday, July 19, 2019

Heat And Sun Rising

6:16

6:17

6:34
I was up at 6:00, to a 73º morning, getting ready for the heatwave over the next few days.  The sunrise was hidden behind a cloud cover but it just peaked out at 6:40, sending me off the porch and into the house.  It's 9:00 and I was able to get in a 70-minute paddle, in the morning heat, to Tom's Point and home and caught a heron perched around Tom's Point

Kayak Morning

Perched Above Tom's Point
Yesterday was one of those days where it just made sense to stay inside, avoid the sticky, hot day and chill out. reading or watching a movie on TV.  I got in a quick paddle before breakfast in Bemus with three of our group.  I then went to yoga at 9:30 and to my surprise, the class was packed when I arrived and I had to sit in the front next to our teacher, Danielle.  Why everyone chose to go to yoga yesterday is a mystery.  I stopped for coffee but the line was too long with people ordering complicated drinks, so I left and dropped a check off at the Chautauqua Lake Association and talked with Doug Conroe, the head of it.  I mentioned that a neighbor thought that a herbicide was used along Woodlawn but he said that was not true.  It was scheduled but never done due to lack of money.

When I got home, I was not very hungry and had some ramen for lunch.  Evie had been busy in the kitchen.  We are close to getting ready for next week.  I started a new series during lunch from HBO called The Deuce, written by two of my favorites, David Simon and George Pelecanos.  Simon was responsible for THE WIRE, and I have read most of Pelecanos's novels. It's gritty, set in New York City in the 1970s. 

Evie braved the heat in the afternoon, staying outside for an hour.  After a nap, I joined her and had to do some deep diving in the lake to find the anchor, a cement block, because one of our buoys was missing, probably chopped off by a boat motor.  And that was it for both of us for the afternoon until I left for Bemus Point around 5:30 to pick up a pizza,.  I joined Evie on the porch after I returned and we enjoyed a good hour as the day began to cool a bit.  Around 7:15, Evie made a salad, I poured us a coke and we had pizza which for some reason tasted amazing, the best we have had in a while even though we always get our pizza from the same place.  We watched Colbert, a few of the pundits, and ended up watching a garden show, BIG DREAMS, SMALL SPACES,  recommended by my sister Ellen.  It takes place in Great Britain and it was interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...