Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Breezy And Cool

6:28
It's a partly cloudy sky morning, with the sun peaking in and out over Long Point.  And it's surprisingly cool with a strong breeze from the north, ruffling the lake, perhaps keeping the fishing boats home.  We did get a bit of rain overnight, of course.  It's 8:40 and I paddled for an hour on a choppy lake, over to Warner Bay, along Long Point, to the reeds and home.  It was a wet morning, with waves splashing over the edge of my kayak.  I listened to some tunes, an album by one of our favorite groups, The National, also an album from India called Jai Jai Jai by Wah!, a bit of diversity in the morning.

Kayak Morning

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was another wet one, with rain early as I kayaked as well as much of the morning, but by 2:00, it cleared up and we reveled in the sunshine.  I did get in a paddle, donning a raincoat, making sure I had a waterproof bag for my camera and binoculars. After kayaking, I went to another crowded Yin Yoga class, with lots of new students.  I then stopped for a coffee before returning cans and getting the gas tank for my grill refilled.  I needed oil for my boat since I have a two-stroke engine, so I stopped at Walmart where its the cheapest.

Dahlia Bud
When I got home, Evie had been busy, getting ready for our kids' arrival Wednesday.  Before lunch, I spent a good half hour with Apple Help, trying to figure out why my Mac Air had so little storage left.  After talking with the second genius, he figured out that my photos were included in the Documents folder.  Dah.  So I have to transfer some of my photos to an external hard drive and I will retrieve quite a bit of memory.  All that time to figure out something the first guy should have known.

A Budding Dahlia
For lunch, Evie and I split an Italian Hero from Walmart which was surprisingly good and a couple bucks cheaper than anywhere else.  It wasn't made in China, either, probably in Bentonville, AR.  I watched my show, then tried to nap but am having trouble napping for long lately for some reason.

Evie, meanwhile, had finished up with the house for the day and went out to enjoy the dock.  I gassed up my boat, an increasingly arduous task, of pouring two five gallons cans of gas into the boat.  Now it's ready for bear.  I then joined Evie and read my book, THE GREAT BELIEVERS by Rebecca Makai. I soon got bored and preferred to spend the next hour weeding our brick walkway, something I have to do at least twice a summer. It looks great once I am done, instant gratification.

We spent an hour on the porch with a glass of wine, marveling at how quiet and empty the lake was for a Monday in late July.  And since we skipped our big breakfast on Sunday, I suggested having it for dinner and Evie concurred.  So she fried up some onions and potatoes, a couple of eggs, some bacon and toasted a bagel, the requisite salad, and we had dinner.  Yum.  We watched SHOWTIME'S THE LOUDEST VOICE, about the disgusting and disgraced founder and creator of Fox News, I am embarrassed to say he's a graduate of my alma mater, Ohio University.  That filled the void until 9:00 when we watched HBO's British import, YEARS AND YEARS.  Each episode always ends with a bang and last night's was no exception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...