Friday, July 12, 2019

Connected On A Cloudy Morning

5:38
I was up at 5:30, to a blanket of gray, not a hint of color.  Now, at 6:30, a slice of color has appeared just above the horizon along Tom's Point.  It's 63º, should get up to the low 70's later as the heat of a previous couple of days has dissipated.  It's 8:20 and I just returned from a 'tres connected' paddle, blasphemy on the lake.  I had my iWatch measuring my heart rate, calories, and duration while I listened to my iPhone's playlist on my Beats headphones. What a cool dude!

Kayak Morning
My Morning Blue Heron Fix
Yesterday was mostly overcast but warm, with thunderstorms threatening much of the day.  I got in a brief paddle before breakfast with the guys, then drove to a fun yin yoga class of only ten of us.  We were able to give ourselves body massages by using our own fingers, running them up and down our limbs, bodies, and feet.  It sounds silly, probably looked silly but everyone liked it.  After class, I stopped at Sav A Lot to pick up five pounds of 85% ground beef as Evie is making up a huge pot of my sister Linda's sloppy joes for the end of the month when kids arrive.  It's an easy lunch, even dinner if we want.  I forgot to mention then before I left for yoga, Evie was up and out, trimming our hedges, then cutting the lawn, hoping to get it done before it rained.  She didn't as a brief shower sent her inside for a half-hour, then she was able to go outside and finish it.  So when I returned from yoga and the store, our yard looked great.

For lunch, I had the same as the day before, my white bean stew and avocado toast with compari tomatoes, a real treat.  The DOGS OF BERLIN is getting towards the end I fear, as the cops are getting closer to who killed the futbol star before the big match.  As I finished lunch, Evie took off for the beginning of the preparations for the arrival of our family in two weeks by filling up the pantry.  She was gone practically two hours, the car groaning with essentials.  I helped unload it while Evie put stuff away.  On the way home from the store, Evie received a call from Wegmans; the cashier had inadvertently charged Evie's bill to her next customer.  We have yet to call Weggie's back but will do so this morning and straighten it out.

From 3:30 to 5:30, Evie was busy, putting things away, making our dinner of portobellos stuffed with spinach, garlic and tomatoes, as well as cooking five pounds of ground beef, and putting together our appetizers for wine time.  Meanwhile, I could not sit around and watch, so I went out and pulled weeds along our fence, mostly beneath our rhododendrons, working up such a sweat that I had to come in halfway through, wash off and go back out.  Once I was done, I jumped in the lake to cool off and took a quick shower just to rinse off. By 6:30, we were both ready for wine time on the porch with an appetizer, crackers with cream cheese and red pepper jelly.  It was comfortable enough on the front porch if we put on the fan.

Dinner was ready around 7:00, finally a healthy dinner without meat, stuffed portobellos. We decided to go back to HBO's YEARS AND YEARS.  Obviously political, the first episode ends with Trump dropping an h bomb on China. The second episode ends with a banking debacle, like what happened in 2007, with families all over the world losing all their savings. Episode three ends with a black market cybernetic surgery gone wrong as the friend of a daughter get a bogus malfunction eye transplant, supposedly like a camera.  If this doesn't grab you, nothing will.  And what I have just summarized is only a taste of what goes wrong in this dysfunctional family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...