Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fog Rising On A 55º Morning

6:27

6:28
It's 6:20 and the fog keeps sliding down the lake although it's not dense enough to obscure Long Point State Park.  I have seen a boat or two but for the most part, the lake is empty.  It should be another sunny and warm day, highs in the low 80's.  It's 8:45 as we finish this.  I was out paddling for a  good hour, over to Warner Bay, along Long Point, over to Victoria and home.

Mom And Babies

A Raft Of Ducklings
Hitting the Lake
A Young Great Blue Heron
Yesterday was the quintessential summer day, not too hot, a nice breeze,  blue skies, and lots of sunshine.  I paddled early down to Whitney Bay and back to the reeds and home, about an hour. 
I am back on schedule or routine by going to a good Yin Yoga class and I needed it.  I felt great afterward and headed straight home, no shopping, no lists yet. Evie uncharacteristically had not been busy, just enjoying the morning.  She did have a big job ahead of her so she was getting ready for it, something that's been on her mind for weeks, putting together a photo album from last summer on Shutterfly.  She usually has it done by now so not having it done has been bothering her.  So before lunch, I downloaded the 150 photographs Evie previously chose to Shutterfly and she got busy, putting together the album while I had lunch, a bagel with cream cheese and compari tomatoes, our favorite. It felt good to get back to routine, lunch, watching a show, reading, and taking a nap.  I finished WHAT ALICE FORGOT and started ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY  FINE, highly recommended by our neighbor, Barb.

While Evie worked on the photo album, I cleaned out the flooded garage again and swept it out.  I also decided to get in a bike ride, so I bolted the rack to my Outback, fastened on my bike and drove over to Bemus Point, parking just beyond the bridge.  It was a warm afternoon, in the '80s, but much of my ride was in the shade, both along Lakeside Drive and through Long Point State Park.  I actually felt pretty good riding, probably because the ride was mostly flat and I did not push myself, just enjoying the ride.  I was out about an hour, stopped at the grocery store to pick up some tomato paste and drove home, to begin making up a white bean stew which I had a hankering for.  In Turkey, it's called kuru fasulye and is a national dish, with restaurants specializing in this dish. While the beans cooked in the pressure cooker, I sauteed onions, tomato paste and various peppers, before adding the beans and water and letting it simmer.  It was done just about the same time Evie finished the photo book and sent it on it's way to Shutterfly.  We then relaxed on the porch with a glass of wine until 7:00 when I fired up the grill and cooked three juicy lucys, burgers stuffed with cheese.  Evie made some coleslaw and that was our dinner, just right.  We watched two episodes of THE LARGEST VOICE on Showtime.  It's the story of Roger Ailes, the rise of Fox News as the dominant news voice in the United States.  Russell Crowe plays Ailes and is pitch-perfect, even looks like Ailes.  It's interesting and compelling but I wonder how accurate, whether it's 'fair and balanced.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...