Saturday, July 20, 2019

Pink Sky Morning


5:30

5:48

5:54
Unfortunately, I woke at 5:15 and could not get back to sleep so I came downstairs at 5:25, to a 70º morning, a pink sky, a quiet, for a while, lake.  At 6:00, a number of bass boats came blasting up the lake, probably from Prendergast  Point. We received another half-inch of rain overnight and I woke around 3:00 to thunder and lightning that seemed to last for quite awhile.  I kayaked for over an hour on an overcast morning, calm at first, but the wind picked up at 7:30, making it more difficult to paddle.  I photographed the same loon I always see, over by the Long Point Bathhouse.  It was a good morning to be on the lake with the water skiers, fishing boats, and water boards.

Kayak Morning

Wood Ducks

A Solitary Loon Glides By

A Fearless Loon

Kathy, Our Neighbor, Out For A Morning Paddle
Yesterday was a hot one, cooled off briefly by downpours of inches in some areas, a half-inch here at our house around 2:00.  It was a pleasant morning for a paddle, still cool enough to enjoy being outside although, by the time I returned home, it was getting warm.  I drove to yoga, to an easy class with Julie because of the heat.  I then drove to Aldi's, to pick up some salmon for dinner and a few other things for the week,  It was surprisingly busy as more and more people are shopping there because of the prices.

Blooms Of Coreopsis
When I returned home, Evie was taking it easy after working in the garden and planting some of the perrenials she bought on Thursday.  I warmed up some pizza for lunch, watched my show and took a nap.  When I woke, Evie had taken off to Lakewood to get her hair trimmed by Jaret, then to do some shopping at TJ and Wegman's.  It was too hot outside unless you were in the water so I stayed inside and read my book, the house much cooler than outside.

Afternoon Storm, Again 
It started to pour around 3:00 for twenty minutes, once again, flooding the road, sending mud into the lake.  Evie returned around 4:00, somewhat shaken by the heavy downpour she had to drive through on her way home.  It sounded much worse than here at Woodlawn.  We emptied the car, put things away and then I took a swim to cool off before we both sat on the porch, enjoying a vodka tonic.  It had cooled off some so it was pleasant to sit on the porch.

Around 7:00, Evie put the salmon in the oven having already made the rice.  With a salad and spinach we enjoyed a perfect dinner for a hot July early evening.  We watched the usual, Colbert, then a bad movie, Border Cafe on Amazon Prime,  set in Iran near the Turkish border, but we stuck with it because much of it reminded us of our travels through Eastern Turkey.  A widow flaunts tradition by refusing to marry her dead husband's brother and opens a cafe.  The brother in law feels humiliated and works to close down the restaurant. Talk about sexist, patriarchal society, go to Iran.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...