Thursday, November 1, 2018

Rain...Enough

7:45

9:26
It's another dark and wet morning here at the lake.  Our sunny Monday seems a mirage.  At the moment, it's 7:18 and it's still dark out, with no signs of a sunrise.  It's 46º and according to the weatherman, we should not see the sun until Sunday.  It's 9:30 and I have just returned from breakfast with the guys, all worried about Evie which was nice.  I bragged about my new iPhone and one of the guys, the resident Luddite, wondered where his hammer was.  Perfect.

Yesterday ended up being cloudy but dry until about 11:00, then it began to drizzle on and off during the day.  Evie was up about the same time as me and had a good night of sleep and woke feeling refreshed and mostly pain-free.  Exciting.

The early morning was an amalgam of sun, clouds, and water as I got in a paddle before the rain.  And despite my having mulched the lawn on Tuesday, enough leaves had fallen that I got out in the yard by 10:30, determined to keep up with the falling leaves, a mistake.  By 1:00, the freshly mulched lawn was once again, covered with leaves. Since it was a mostly wet Wednesday, we did not do much, nor could we really, at least outside.  Evie continues to follow the doctor's orders and take the first couple of weeks off from doing almost anything.  It's boring but salubrious.

We watched some TV, read, played with our new iPhones, downloading various apps and getting to know how to use them.  For me, it's my first iPhone so I have a lot to learn.  For lunch, we both had soup and Evie made me a western with the leftover meatloaf.  She's getting back to some of her routines, like making my lunch.  I don't complain and she liked being able to do something.

We then took it easy after lunch, something we are getting good at and I was happy to get the latest Robert Galbraith novel, LETHAL WHITE on my Kindle.  It was enjoyable to sit on the couch and watch the wind send the leaves sailing off our maples, so often that by late afternoon, the grass had disappeared.

Around 3:30, we both were excited as FedEx dropped off my new iWatch, compliments of my son Tommy.  Neither of us was familiar with the watch but it was easy to set up and sync with my iPhone and Air Mac.  So I am now faced with the dilemma of which device to use...my AirMac, iPhone, or iWatch. Tough, right.  The iWatch is amazing, with all kinds of health directed apps.  For example, as I was sitting in the TV room after dinner, the app popped up and told me I had been sitting for too long and should get up and walk for a minute.  Later, it told me how to breathe more carefully to help me relax. It also tracks my steps, calories used things like that.  And soon, I will be able to take my EKG.  The app will be available in the next month.

Dinner was great as our neighbor Pat had sent over a dinner of six hamballs before she left for the winter.  So we pulled them out of the freezer, heated them up and I sauteed some cabbage and granny smith apples as a side.  And Evie found some leftover potatoes in the refrigerator, sliced them up and fried them.  Dinner was great and Evie is getting back her appetite and joined the clean plate club.  We watched a new series on Netflix called THE BODYGUARD.  It's quite good, very intense, and difficult to predict where it's is going.  We cannot wait until tonight to continue watching it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...