Saturday, November 3, 2018

Gray Skies And Drizzle


7:50 
9:37
I was up just before 7:00, for the last morning of waking to darkness till Spring.  Tonight the clock's fall behind so mornings will be lighter earlier, afternoons darker earlier.  It may clear up later in the day and we may have a sunny Sunday if the weather guys are correct.

Kayaking On A Rough, Gray Morning
Yesterday neither of us ventured out of the house, either to shop or just get a cup of coffee.  Evie seemed to have a better day, seemed more active, and was able to do a few things in the house.  And morning shower sure helps.  I paid attention to the weather gods who forecast rain to begin again at 1:00 so around noon, I powered up the mower and mulched the yard, again, in my seemingly endless war with the leaves.  And just about 1:00, it did start to rain to my delight, proving the forecasters right for once.

Yesterday Morning's Yard
When I finished the lawn, I came into a lunch of the last of the soup and a yummy quesadilla, compliments of an increasingly active Evie.  I watched part of an OZARK mostly because I am just not into it for some reason.  It's one crazy problem after another until it becomes too much, just silly.

Our afternoon was uneventful, a nap for me, some reading, watching TV, some same for Evie.  Around 5:30, however, we sat around the fireplace with a glass of wine, something we rarely do, and it was a nice way to prepare for dinner.  I volunteered to cook dinner, big deal, as I browned some hot dogs, heated up a can of pork and beans, and microwaved Bob Evans Mac N Cheese.  I am becoming quite a cook.  Evie could not quite stand leaving me alone in the kitchen so she came in to finish off the hot dogs, making sure the buns were toasted.

So dinner was easy and good if not healthy.  And we watched the final episode of BODYGUARD.  It's a tension-filled six-episode series that keeps the viewer guessing right to the end.  I can't say I was happy with the ending, as too many ends were left untied.  There were many others who seemed to be the bad guys.  We ended the evening with Colbert and loved his debate, often heated, mostly humorous, with Chris Wallace, from Fox News.  You could tell both were becoming passionate as they discussed the politics of Trump.  I would like to see more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...