Saturday, November 10, 2018

It's All White

6:48

7:40

7:52
When I woke this morning at 6:30, I wondered if we might have a white morning but nothing like this morning's four or five inches and it's still snowing at 7:30.  The pine tree boughs are sagging from the wet snow, the cars are covered and fortunately, I took the snow shovels down from the garage attic a couple of weeks ago, just in case!  If it weren't so foggy and cold, 26º, I might contemplate a paddle but not this morning.  And I just looked outside and like clockwork, the hooded mergansers have appeared, as if they waited for it to snow.  We love seeing them.

A Raft Of Hooded Mergansers
Snow On A Briefly Sunny Morning
Friday was one of those gray days, with a drizzle on and off much of the day. Not the kind of day that made you want to get outside and do something.  So I didn't.  Around 9:00,  I drove to Lakewood to yoga, again a small class of three but a good one, with Julie.  I stopped in at Ryder's Cup and listened to the local gossip, then headed off to Wegman's for another big shopping day.  It was one of those days where I could not find what I wanted and when I brought them home they were the wrong things.  And the shopping list on my phone looked like it had not changed from the previous shopping, so I skipped some items that Evie wanted but did not necessarily need.  When I returned home, we put things away and I had a lunch of the last of the beef and barley soup with some garlic bread, just enough to stave my hunger.  I watched another episode of The Sinner, then read and napped and Evie relaxed in the TV room.  It was not a good day for Evie as she had a sleepless night and, unlike me, has a hard time napping.

A Fat Little Finch
Around 3:00, after seeing the weather report for the next two days, I decided to drive back to Wegman's and pick up the staples we might need for the weekend and return a couple of things I got wrong.  It was a quick trip, Wegman's was not busy, and I stopped to fill up our car with gas.  We like to keep it full during the winter months.

Flowers From Our Neighbors, Barb And Jim
We relaxed with a glass of wine in the TV room, watching the latest depressing news story before having an easy dinner, the leftover enchiladas and Evie made up some guacamole to go with it.  We watched some Colbert, then House of Cards and went up to bed earlier than usual, tired from doing nothing during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...