Monday, November 5, 2018

Too Windy And Wet To Paddle


6:46

7:40
I was up just before 6:00, to the beginning of light and a howling wind.  When I walked outside to get the paper, the ground was damp from a drizzle.  It's warmer than yesterday's 32º, a surprisingly toasty 46º.  And as I looked at the weather forecast for the week, winter and snow seems to be on the way, sooner rather than later.

Yesterday, a Sunday, was anything but a day of rest for me as I wanted to get some things done outdoors because of the sunny day.  So after a good paddle, after talking with some fishing guys, after finding nary waterfowl,  I came home to a nice warm house.  Evie was up, enjoying her coffee and the morning light.  We were not sure what to do with our day, other than my chores so we decided on the one thing we decide each morning, what to have for dinner.  Yesterday, it was Evie's spaghetti with mushrooms and Italian sausage. Once that decision was made, I put on my work jeans and went out and cleaned out the gutter on my garage and the area behind my garage, which is always filled with wet leaves.  For some reason, it's my least enjoyable task and takes about a half hour, including mulching the area to keep the leaves out.  I also did some raking of our parking area and road, filling up by the end two garbage pails which I took up the hill to the wood pile. The lawn was still too wet to mulch, so Evie got out the window washing cloths and sprays and I washed the front windows and kitchen window, where we have our bird feeder.  By the time I was done, Evie was browning the bacon, starting our usual Sunday breakfast of bacon, eggs, and bagels.  We watched Saturday Night Live, some football, and the political shows before having enough of both.

Long Point Colors
We then spent most of the afternoon taking it easy, especially Evie although it upsets her to just lay around doing nothing but it's what the doctor ordered.  I tried to nap, read some, watched some football and listened to the Browns lose to Kansas City, making my son, Tommy happy, who lives in Kansas City.  Around 3:30, I fired up the mower and mulch the lawn once again and looking at our trees in the front yard, I may have to mulch only a couple more times, just to clean it up.  Basically, all our maple leaves have fallen.

5:23
We sat around the fireplace at 5:00, watching dusk disappear and night arrive, something we usually celebrate.  We had dinner at 6:30, spaghetti, salad, and Italian bread, with a nutty buddy for dessert.  We were not sure what to watch, so we watched an interesting 60 Minutes, turned briefly to the pundits, then another episode of HOUSE OF CARDS.  We are still not taken with it.  That was it for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...