Friday, November 16, 2018

A Heavy Overnight Snowfall


7:42
I woke up to trees frosted with snow, six to eight inches of it, and just now, at 7:15, the sound of a snowplow clearing our road.  Winter, at least for now, has arrived in November.  It's 32º so it's a wet snow, not the kind that's fun to shovel.  We may get another inch or two but it looks like the worst is over for today.  It's 7:30, time to go out and do some shoveling, especially the foot high ridges of snow made by the plow on both sides of the road. 

Yesterday was a day of sleet, rain, and as I mentioned above, snow overnight.  It was a good day to stay inside but as intrepid as I am, I left for yoga at 9:30, ready for a class of China Gel rub, foot massages, and rose water spray.  I put up with it, with our substitute teacher, and it was a good class.  I don't mind being touched, usually a no-no in yoga. After class, I drove to Aldi's since Evie had done a thorough look through their Wednesday ad and there were things she wanted, like chocolate covered cookies and gingerbread cookies as well.  So I joined the crew, put the quarter in the slot and pulled out my cart.  It's rarely crowded so shopping is easy and the cashiers are speedy, almost too much so as she threw one item after another in the cart.

So I arrived home with a Trader Joe bag of goodies (Trader Joe's owns Aldi's or vice versa) and Evie was delighted with my cache.  For lunch, I finished off the last of the pot roast soup and Evie made me a nice toasted cheese sandwich with Aldi's square sourdough bread.  Yum.  I watched more of The Sinner before checking on a strange whirring sound we have been hearing coming from neighbor's house.  It's been going nonstop for days, so Evie called to let them know and they will be checking on it today.  Afterward, I tried to nap, to no avail so I just read on the couch for most of the afternoon.  Evie, after a busy morning, also relaxed most of the afternoon.

Fishing In Fog

Snow And Sleet
Around 4:00, it began to sleet outside so the crazy that I am, I decided to go for a short hike in the woods. It felt good to be outside, sleet occasionally hitting my face, as I tromped through the Victoria woods, a wet snow covering the ground.  I was out for only 20 minutes but enjoyed the cold air, the darkening woods.  When I returned, it was time to enjoy the fire, the end of day, with a glass of wine. 

Rain/Sleet/Snow At 9:30 PM
Neither one of us wanted to fuss much for dinner, so Evie pulled out the bacon and made both of us some BLT's for dinner.  And we watched the end of A VERY ENGLISH SCANDAL.  We loved it, wished it were more than three episodes.  The actor who plays Norman was wonderful and we ended up moved and sympathizing with his plight as a gay man in Great Britain in the 1970's.  We ended the night as usual with Colbert before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...