Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Real Winter Morning


Red-bellied Woodpecker

7:45
Well, we are definitely snowed in, having gotten another ten to twelve inches overnight.  It's overcast, foggy, windy and we can hardly make out Long Point.  In front of our house, however, at least sixty geese and swans are a swimming, the geese honking, the swans high pitched whistle or shrieking, as the lake slowly starts to ice up.  Neither Shane, our snow plow guy or the paper guy have been by. And I just checked the Eight Limbs Yoga site and class has been canceled today because of the snow. 

Snow At Our Window
Yesterday was a snow day for us, as we spent most of the day hanging out in our comfy, warm house.  It looks like today will be much the same as we have even more snow.  Anyways,  I was out shoveling our parking area and cleaning off the cars by 8:00 and it was surprisingly easy as the snow seemed light and fluffy.  I could push rather than shovel the snow, saving my back.  It actually felt good to be outside, a light snow falling, and by the end of a half an hour, I could see that I had accomplished something, clearing our parking area.   When I came in, we finished the blog, and I had my breakfast of yogurt with granola and blueberries.

Red-bellied With Sunflower Seed
Around 11:00, it stopped snowing a bit and Shane had cleared our road, so I drove to the Post Office, dropping off a couple of packages to return to Amazon. I thought of getting gas but my gas cap was frozen and I did not feel like fussing with it so I just came straight home.  While I was out shoveling and going to the Post Office, Evie was putting together a Turkish soup of winterberries. lentils, and leftover turkey stock.  For lunch, I had a steaming bowl of soup and a hard salami sandwich with tomatoes and mustard.  I watched another episode of Amazon Prime's Jack Ryan, with Jim, from the Office, as Jack.  It's difficult to picture him as a CIA hotshot.

Tundra Swans
Neither one of us did much the rest of the afternoon, just reading, watching some TV,  taking photographs of the swans, and napping of course.  Around 4:00, I drove Evie over to Bemus where she was getting her hair trimmed.  I walked around Bemus in the snow for 20 minutes while she was at the hairdresser.  We were tempted to stop at the Seezuhr House for a beer but resisted the temptation and went home to our warm living room, where we enjoyed a glass of wine before our dinner.

 Swans A Swimming

A Graceful Pair
We were having leftover ziti for dinner, so that was easy, just pop it in the oven for a half hour and add some garlic bread the last 10 minutes.  Evie, then, made a salad and we had another fine dinner.  We watched a Colbert, the final episode of MY BRILLIANT FRIEND and another hour of THE LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...