Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Overcast And Calm


7:07

8:07
It's another gray morning on the lake, a bit of light over towards Tom's Point where the sun has risen but is hidden behind a blanket of gray.  We expected snow overnight but it will not arrive until the afternoon although it should only be an inch or two.  It's 34º and I have a dentist appointment at 9:15, just a check-up.

Yesterday morning turned out to be a fun kayak morning but cold, especially on the way home.  I went to yoga, another small class on a day which is usually crowded.  Perhaps because we had a substitute teacher attendance was low, but still, the class was fine.  After class, I mailed back another pair of boots to Amazon.  Here's hoping they don't put Evie on their don't sell to list.  I guess there is such a thing for people who buy, then return at an unacceptable ratio.  I also filled up the Accord and spent close to forty bucks as gas is getting expensive once again.  On the way home,  I stopped at Save A Lot and picked up some apples and grapes for Evie, Bob Evans Mac N Cheese for me.  And I stopped, for once at Stedman Coffee, bought a pound of their Chautauqua Blend for Thanksgiving week as well as a cup of coffee for me.  When I returned home, Evie was busy with soup and put together gravy for Thanksgiving by roasting turkey wings and veggies.  It smelled great when I walked in the kitchen.

For lunch, Evie had taken a couple of pieces of leftover pizza out of the freezer.  So she warmed them up in the oven and with a bowl of vegetable soup, I was a happy camper after a tough morning of yoga and shopping.  I watched THE SINNER, still slogging my way through it and took a good nap for once.  

Thunder Bridge
Evie was wiped out by her morning so she took the afternoon off, relaxing on the couch in the TV room.  After my nap, I did some reading, then decided to walk the Chautauqua Institution for a change.  So I drove over there around 4:00, walked a couple of miles according to my Apple Watch, in 20 minutes, expending a couple of hundred calories, with a BPM of 85.  It's an amazing little device and I have yet to explore most of its goodies. 

Chautauqua Creek

Thunder Bridge
I also stopped at the library and picked up the latest Haruki Murakami novel.  I used to teach him but have not read him in quite a while.  When I arrived home, Evie was ready for a spritzer with a dash of Bianco and I had a beer.  It is hard to get used to it getting dark so early, by 5:30 or earlier.  

Fishing At Dusk
Around 6:30, Evie seared some mushrooms, then a couple of burgers with swiss cheese, and baked some sweet potato fries so we had a great diner dinner, burgers and fries.  We watched the last two episodes of House of Cards, a disappointing series, and ending.  Damn you Kevin Spacey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...