Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sunday, Sunday, Get Ready For Thanksgiving Day

8:17
It's almost 8:00 and I have been up for an hour and a half, listening to gunshots, either from duck or deer hunters.  Not exactly the sounds I like to hear in the morning.  I prefer loons, even geese.  While reading this morning, I saw that the Lighthouse Grocery, where hunters take their deer to get dressed, already said they were full and set the limit for today at the first twenty-five. 

We got a dusting of snow last night but may get up to three inches during the day. My iWatch just told me to stand up for a minute so I guess I have been sitting for too long.  He/She is a tough taskmaster.

A Downy Woodpecker Takes A Rest
Yesterday morning was good, especially since I was able to get in a good paddle down to Wells Bay and back to Woodlawn, with little if any wind, no other boats, just me in my church of the lake.  Afterward, we finished the blog, I had breakfast, then drove off to the Transfer Station with all our trash from the week, mostly discard Amazon boxes.  They just keep coming.  I then drove into Lakewood to pick up a few bottles of wine from Bag & String, a pretty good local place.  That was it for the day as far as anything productive is concerned. 

For lunch, Evie made me a big salad to go along with the last of the butter chicken and I began watching the Ohio State game.  I soon got tired of watching their dismal play and returned to my thriller set in New Orleans and Natchez and took a brief nap, probably a half hour.  Just right.  Evie was watching a movie on the TV so I sat in the living and read, surfed the Net for interesting articles, then watched some more football when Evie's movie ended.

Around 4:30, I took a walk up our hill, just to get some exercise and get outside.  When I returned, Evie was ready to shower and get gussied up as we were going to Linda and Ron's for a steak dinner.  The roads were fine and we were in their kitchen, drinking Octoberfest beers by 6:20, looking forward to the steaks.  Ron grilled them to perfection on their back porch and we had a great dinner, steaks with baked potatoes, French bread and a salad with blue cheese dressing.  We had an apple and raisin dessert, with caramel sauce, while sitting in their living room in front of their fireplace.  It was a good way to end the evening, one in which Linda outdid herself.  We are lucky to have such good friends.  We were home by 10:00, in time to watch some TV and read before going to bed. 

Evie's latest photo app called Photo Booth:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...