Monday, November 12, 2018

Pink Sky In The Morning


6:30 

7:06

7:08

7:08

7:09
I was up at 6:20, walked outside to a crisp morning, blue skies, and the Morning Star, Venus, hanging over Tom's Point.  I could also hear the squawking of probably Canadian geese even though it was still dark.  It's 8:40 and I just returned from a paddle, down to Magnolia and back on a 25º morning.  Needless to stay, I am still trying to get warm as I finish this blog. 

A Cold Kayak Morning

A Raft Of Hooded Mergansers

Squawking Canadian Geese
Yesterday turned out to be a sunny day, the woods and yards still snow covered.  After my coffee, the blog, it was just too nice out to stay inside so I put on a warm jacket, got out my mittens, yep, and went for a great paddle down to Wells Bay and home.  Lots of waterfowl cruised the lake but every time I got within 75 yards, they would take off, thus I have no photos.  I did see a Great Blue Heron fly above the treetops, so at least a couple remain although I have not seen any along the shore for three or four weeks.

Sunday Morning Paddle
Another Neighbor's House Raised
Around 11:00, we decided to go to church, shopping at the mall that is, for boots for Evie.  Lots of people had the same idea, mall hopping and shopping for boots.  After trying on various boots, Evie reluctantly decided on a pair from Columbia, waterproof and warm.  I hope they work.  We were tempted to stop for breakfast but Evie preferred going home and making our usual big breakfast of bacon, fried eggs and bagels.  As always, we loved it, the best meal of the week, and watched our favorite news program, CBS Sunday Morning, mostly because there's very little politics, just interesting stories. 

Our trip to the mall exhausted Evie, understandably, so the rest of the afternoon, both of us did little, not worrying about dinner either because we had lots of pot roast and veggies leftover from Saturday night's dinner.  I read, naped, then listened to the end of the Browns victory over Atlanta. The longtime announcer, Jimmy Donovan was excited. 

Victoria

Woodlawn/Victoria Bay
Around 4:00, I needed some exercise so I went for a walk in the snow-covered woods of Victoria and Woodlawn.  What was once, brown and leaf covered, was now white and snow covered.  It felt good to be there, a crisp but not cold late afternoon, as the sun was setting in the West. 

Bemus Bay At 4:45
When I returned home, it was time to watch the sky darken, have a glass of wine, nibble on some snacks and listen to music for an hour.  Earlier, Evie had popped the pot roast in the oven, with some garlic bread, so we had a tasty and easy Sunday night dinner.  We watched a Colbert, some 60 Minutes, SNL before going up to bed. 

Edward Petkovsek, 1944
Thanks to all the Veterans out there, especially our son in law Drew, for his 20+ years of service in the Army and Evie's father, Fast Eddie, who served in the Pacific during WW II.

Drew, Jill, And Daughters, Halle and Hayden, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...