Wednesday, November 14, 2018

February In November


7:41
It's cold outside, 24º and snowy when I went out to get my newspaper.  The lake's gray and fast moving, the lawn white with a dusting of snow from last night.  And I have to go to Erie this morning for my annual appointment with my cardiologist, a good way to ruin the day.

Yesterday began with a five-minute dentist appointment, no work done or needed, and I took advantage of downtown Jamestown by having breakfast at my favorite coffee shop and veggie restaurant, the Labyrinth Press, downstairs from our favorite craft beer place.  I ordered the Southwestern burrito, ate half, brought the other half home for lunch and for the first time, I paid with Apple pay on my phone.  Next time I will use my iWatch.  No Luddite am I.  After breakfast, I drove to Wegman's, on a busy Tuesday, did some major Thanksgiving shopping, the big item, a 17 pound Turkey because our daughter Jill and her family are coming for Thanksgiving.  Yippee.

I was home by noon, helped Evie put away all the stuff and for once, I got everything correct, no need to return something.  Perfect.  Thank you, Jesus.  For lunch, I had the other half of my leftover burrito with some of Evie's most recent soup made from our leftover pot roast and veggies.  I was tired for some reason and ended up taking a long nap, waking surprisingly refreshed despite the length of my nap.  When I came downstairs, it was like Christmas in November, as my daughter, Beth, had sent a package to Evie, stuffed with candy, cornbread mix, lemon cake mix and best of all, two pairs of shoes Beth thought Evie might fit and love.  And they did, amazing since Evie's been having a hard time finding shoes that fit.  How much fun to get a surprise like that.

4:35 PM
We were both hungry around 5:00 so Evie put together some nachos for an appetizer to go along with our libations, a good choice.  We enjoyed them, our drinks, Sonos, and watched the falling snow, just like it was February.

Swirling Psychedelic Snowflakes
We ended the night with a healthy dinner, roasted butternut squash, brown rice, yogurt, and salad.  And we watched the last two episodes of the sixth season of A Place To Call Home.  We had forgotten we had not seen the last two.  And speaking for both of us, though the series is much like a soap opera, we really enjoyed it.  The acting was exceptional, especially Marta Dusseldorf as Sarah, that we ended up believing the whole shebang.  It's worth watching even if you are a high brow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...