Friday, April 27, 2018

Still Coolish With Some Clouds


Kayak Morning

6:34


7:20
It's 7:15 and I have been up for an hour.  The lake's calm and smooth, as an occasional duck floats by.  Reflections of the shoreline trees shimmer on the lake's surface.  It's 36º out but should warm up some to the high 50's.  Around 7:45, I was able to get in a decent morning paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back, as the sun came out, warming a cool morning. 


A Handsome Male Wood Duck
A Female Wood Duck
Yesterday was mostly sunny, a nice change from the gray and drizzle of the previous days.  I did go to Yin Yoga, a crowded class as usual but I found my favorite spot in the corner.  Even in yoga I am a creature of habit, hoping for the same spot each class.  That is, unless I think of it being habitual so I deliberately find another spot, asserting my freedom to choose.  This does not sound very yoga like, too conscious, with little mindfulness.  Anyways, it was a good class, lots of two or three minute asanas. 

Purple Martins Have Arrived,  At Our Neighbors
Afterward, I drove to Celoron, checking out the building of the new hotel on the waterfront, like a huge dinosaur sitting in a village.  I then stopped at Spectrum vison to get my glasses cleaned and refit since they kept sliding down my nose, often falling off.  It's one of the few things in life that are free. 

Lunch was great, the leftover Cuban from the Viking Club and I started a new series, set around the Jack Taylor novels by Ken Bruen.  I read three or four of them but got a bit tired of Jack's drinking and cocaine habit.  He was thrown out of The Guard for that reason.  I think I am going to like them, a good lunchtime series.

After my nap, some reading and went outside because I had a project.  And any project for me is a major job.  This time it was fairly simple, nail carpeting on the steps of our lake ladder.  Evie cut the carpet to size and I nailed it on the ladder steps with no major screw ups and I only dumped the nails once!  It took me about 15 minutes and I was happy with the result.  Now we are ready to swim.

Around 4:30, I went down the street to see how the renovation was coming to our neighbor's cottage.  I arrived just at the right time, as they were jacking up the house for the first phase.  They had six air jacks under four steel beams.  They made sure all was level, turned on the air pressure machine and the house rose off its foundation in one piece for the first time ever.  It rises only 14 inches at a time before they have to fill in space with logs, reset the jacks, and raise it again 14 inches.  What a process and one that has to be done correctly, with care. 

I got home in time for wine and once again, Evie was off the hook for dinner because we were having leftover enchiladas (the last of them :) )for dinner.  While they heated up, she made a salad and by 7:00, we had dinner in daylight, something we strongly dislike.  For us, dinner and TV time should always be when it gets dark which is impossible as summer approaches unless, like the French or Spanish, we eat dinner late.  We watched, what else, some Colbert, Vice News, and another episode of Doctor Foster before tiring and going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...