Friday, April 6, 2018

A White Spring Morning

6:55

A Loon Sighting
It's 7:20 and I have been up for an hour, a heavy fog rising on the lake, another dusting of snow overnight.  It's still chilly, a 25º, and more snow/rain is expected during the day, a heavy wind warning starting at noon. 

Breakfasting
Yesterday was another one of those days where you just want to hunker down in your warm, comfy house and do nothing.  So that's what we did for much of the day.  I did go to yoga, first having to clean a couple of inches of snow off of my car, scraping the ice off the windshield.  It's good to get back into the routine of yoga class and today will be the fourth day this week that I will have gone. 
Goldfinch
I did not tarry after class, came straight home because of the slush and cold weather.  Lunch was easy, Evie's homemade vegetable soup and a bagel with cream cheese.  I watched another episode of Borderland, then decided to call the local Honda guys to get an oil change and a check up on my good old 2000 Honda Accord.  They said they could take me at 2:30 to my surprise, so I did some reading, took a cat nap and was off to Jamestown Honda at 2:15.  It's a new dealership, having opened a month ago, so it's pristine inside with surprisingly few employees as I had to wait to find a service person for five or ten minutes.  And they are certainly not speedy as I did not get out of a 2:30 appointment until 3:30 although they did wash my car.  But best of all, my car got a clean bill of health, just like going to the doctor's office. 

When I got home, we were undecided as to a dinner, so I suggested that when in doubt, order a pizza.  We called our usual pizza place in Bemus Point and wouldn't you know it they are closed for the week because of Maple Grove's spring break.  We seem to pick days when they are closed or on vacation more often than not.  So we ordered from Andriaccio's, just up the road and I picked up a thin crust pizza around 6:00.  When I got home, Evie had put together a salad, so we had a dinner of pizza, salad, and a coke, just like the high school days.  We were at a loss as what to watch, so we stuck with Vice News and Chopped, with another cheesy episode of the Australian soap opera Offspring.  I think we are going to have to find a new series to watch in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...