Thursday, April 26, 2018

Almost Friday

Kayaking In The Rain

Early Morning Casting

7:00
I was up at 6:00 (what's come to be a typical time for me lately), to more gray, a wrinkled lake, and a chilly 37ยบ morning.  At least it's not raining and later, we should have six or seven hours of sunshine before the showers return tomorrow.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was another Spring-like day, overcast with drizzle on and off much of day, a good day for yoga so off I went at 9:30.  Earlier, however, I was determined to get in a paddle, so I donned my rain jacket and went out on the lake around 8:00 for a half hour, looking for herons to photograph to no avail.  Fortunately, the rain stopped after about ten minutes of paddling and it was pleasant to be on the lake, surrounded by the gray and fog.  I noticed a few sparrows in the purple martin houses but no martins yet.

Buffleheads

Fox Peninsula In The Fog

A Loon
Yoga was at 10:00 and it was a hard class, perhaps because there were lots of veterans there.  I managed to keep up and almost worked up a sweat.  I was happy when we got to savasana, the ten minute period of relaxation at the end of class.  Afterward, I made a couple of stops, first at Walmart to return a bathroom rug and pick up another color rug.  Then at a hardware store to pick up some tacks to fix a carpet on our lake ladder.  And finally,  I dropped off a package at Don's Car Wash in Lakewood to return to Amazon. A busy boy.

Lunch was easy, the leftover noodle soup from Tuesday and a cheese, black bean and chicken enchilada from Tuesday night's dinner.  I watched some NBA playoffs, read and took a nap as it remained wet and gray outside.  Around 3:30, I decided the heck with the weather and drove over to Long Point for a walk in the park.  I walked out to the tip of Long Point because we had noticed that there was a yellow barrier on the west side of the peninsula.

Barrier Around Long Point
It's rubber wall, filled with some kind of styrofoam to keep it afloat, is set twenty feet off of shore.  It seems to be anchored to the shallow bottom and blocks any lake detrius from about 300 yards of shoreline.  I assume that's its purpose, to keep the area clear of floating debris.  Eventually, I assume, they will install large rocks along the shoreline, as they did last fall around the tip, to halt the erosion on the west side of Long Point.

Rock Pile For Erosion Control
When I  got home, it was time to get ready to go out for dinner at the Viking.  We got there around 6:15 and ran into our buddy, Ron, with a friend.   We were fortunate to find a seat at the bar as it was another crowded Wednesday, probably because they were serving the club's favorite, Cuban sandwiches.  We quickly put in our order because the kitchen seems to run out of sandwiches by 7:00.  It turned out to be a quiet night at the bar, as none of "the regulars" were there, so we just enjoyed a couple of beers and our sandwiches.  They were better than usual but neither us could finish so we will have enough for a couple of lunches or a dinner.  Both of us were tired, me from yoga, shopping, and walking, Evie from a bad sleeping night, so after we finished our sandwiches, we drove home, happy to get comfortable in our TV room by 7:45.  We watched the news, some Colbert and another episode of Doctor Foster before going up to bed early, ready for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...