Thursday, April 12, 2018

Cloudy And Rain But Warming Up...For A Couple of Days

A Wild Turkey? In Spring

7:38
It's 7:30, a non-descript morning, with no apparent sunrise, just gray skies, lake, and mood.  Lots of rain today, so no hiking or kayaking, just relaxing back in our home, waiting for Spring to arrive. 

?
I had a good yoga class yesterday though I may have overdone it as I have strained my rotator cuff and needed Advil when I got home.  The mind of a 21 year old, the body of a 74-year-old alas.  I was hungry when I got home so Evie made me some guacamole as she wanted to use up some avocados.  I had it with pita chips and a bowl of soup.  One more episode to go in Borderliner and I will be looking for a new series. 

Red Breasted Mergansers??

Again?
For some reason, I was really tired so I took an early nap, quickly falling asleep while reading my Maisie Dobbs.  When I got up, I took a walk down our street to see the progress in neighbor's Nancy and Jeff's cottage. 

Restoring A 1906 Cottage
They are basically tearing the entire inside out, raising it, then redoing the interior and adding an upstairs to their porch.  So there's lots of action going on.  Next week some time they will raise the house six feet with eleven jacks, something I want to see.  They will work then on the foundation before lowering it back again, an amazing process.

Loon Alone
Around 5:00, we both showered because we had decided to go to the Viking Club for dinner.  It was Cuban and Reuben night.  We were lucky to find a seat at the bar but by the time we got there, around 6:00, the Cubans were already gone so we reserved a couple of Reubens.  We sat at the bar, enjoying being out of the house and the Reubens were great, the best ever at the Viking. 

Happy Vikings
When we finished, we moved to a table with our friends, Doug and Dawn, and a Viking stalwart, Betsy and we had another beer to round out the night.  Doug and Dawn were in charge of a King Of Hearts raffle, so they both had dinner as we talked.  It was fun getting to know Betsy who we have seen around but had not met.  Betsy is a real camera aficionado, has a large collection of old and antique cameras, and did not think much of Evie's selfie stick.  However, she was a good sport and participated.  So we ended the night with a selfie, to the amusement of those Vikings still in the club at 9:00.

Lake Ice Buildup At The Viking
We were home in time to watch a Vice News and some of the pundits before going up to bed, a boring day, a fun night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...