Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Spring Rain


7:45

7:46
I didn't get up until 7:00, most likely because I stayed up with watch Villanova win the NCAA championship, a fun game if you are a Villanova fan.  Evie was already up and had the coffee made which was nice but unusual.  It's a wet and gray day, no surprise because it's April on Chautauqua Lake. 

We had a nice Monday, a good way to begin the week, with sun much of the day, the temperatures in the low 40's.  I have decided to get back in the yoga routine, so I went to Yin Yoga at 9:30, without our regular teacher, Danielle, but a decent class.  I felt energized afterwards, perhaps just happy that I actually am back and at em.  I stopped for a coffee, drove the backroads home, past early spring fields of dull lavender, brown and dark green, a bright, blue sky to punctuate the contrast. 

View From Carpenter Pringle/Ramsey Road
Evie had been busy when I was gone and put together a large pot of her vegetable soup, enough for my lunches for a good week.  It was not quite ready for lunch, so I had the leftover white bean stew and some crackers with pepperoni and cheese, a half healthy lunch.  I started a new series on Netflix, another cop thriller called Borderliner, a Norwegian noir drama.  I then did some reading, took a great nap, lights out as they say, and woke ready for some action.

Looking North From Kinney's Run
Skunk Cabbage Riseth
So while Evie put together our dinner of a pasta, cauliflower, and cheese casserole, I went for a walk through our Woodlawn/Victoria woods.  I haven't been in the woods in a while so it was fun to see how it's just beginning to change, with occasional hints of green, but predominately brown, with leaves and deadfall on the trails.  When I got home, we had our wine as the casserole baked and just before we ate, Evie sauteed some spinach.

The Woods In Brown

Trail Of Verticals
It was a vegetarian meal and I didn't miss the meat as the casserole was so good that I went back for seconds and thirds.  And we have half of it left for another night.  Because the basketball game did not go on until 9:20, we watched a couple of shows, Homeland and Billions, catching up on them before going to the game.  And as I predicted, Villanova just had too much talent, mainly great shooters, for Michigan.  And Villanova's sixth man put on an outstanding performance, scoring 31 points, too much for the Wolverines.  I didn't' get to bed until 11:30 and had a hard time getting to sleep, my routine broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...