Wednesday, April 25, 2018

More Of The Same: Fog And Drizzle


6:34

6:36

7:27
It's 6:55 and I have been up for an hour, watching the dark morning turn gray, a daguerreotype kind of morning. No color, just shades of gray but shrieks from the loons, honks from the geese and an occasional birdsong.  It's 50º and the weather may stay this way the rest of the day.

Yesterday was a day for April showers which, after a sunny and warm three days did not seem so bad.  I decided to go to yoga, a good idea, a good class and I left a 'mellow' guy, at peace with the world, 'empty and marvelous.'  I exaggerate.  I stopped for a coffee, said aloha to the regulars and went shopping, stopping at Home Depot to pick up a few things we needed, then Wegman's, to pick up a few staples.  And even though it was discount Tuesday, I found a check out line with only one person ahead of me.  A good day.

When I got home, Evie had already put together our dinner of chicken and black bean enchiladas and made my lunch, a chicken noodle soup, adding the leftover pasta noodles to a chicken stock.  That, along with a sesame bagel, was enough for my lunch.  I watched ten or fifteen minutes of a couple of NBA playoff games but soon got bored and wanted to get back to my book, Craig Johnson's AS THE CROW FLIES, my 8th Longmire novel.  Nothing like always having a good read to turn to when you are bored. And on a gray, wet, rainy afternoon, it's a fine soporific although I don't usually need it.

After my nap and more Longmire, I walked in the rain in our neighborhood, checking out the progress on the renovation of one of our neighbor's homes.  For now, it's anchored in water and mud, putting off its raising off the foundation.  Around 5:30, Evie put the enchiladas in the oven and we had our usual glass of wine, looking out at familiar gray skies and watching the finches rally around our new bird feeder in the front window.

Dinner Time
We were happy to finally sit down to dinner and watch some TV.  We were not sure what to watch, so we started with Colbert, some news, then a series from Great Britain called Doctor Foster, about a woman who discovers her husband is having an affair.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...