Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Overcast And Chilly On A Partly Frozen Lake


7:04

7:05

7:20
It's 7:20 and I have been up for an hour, listening to Morning Joe, wondering if Spanky has the right to fire Mueller, whether he's going to bomb Syria.  Two hypotheticals but both are scary, one would tear apart America, the other could lead to a confrontation with Russia.  I was actually afraid to wake up this morning because of what he might do.  It's 30ยบ outside, the ground is frozen, my car's windshield frosted, and another day begins.

And lest you think my fears are unwarranted,  here's our unhinged leader's tweet from this morning:

"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!"

A Raft Of Hooded Mergansers This Morning
We had a normal day for us Tuesday, not much new, just more of the same which is comforting I guess.  I went to a good yoga class with Julie, lots of good stretches for my back which is always aching somewhere.  Afterwards, it was on for a coffee, picked up some eggs and signed an anniversary card for Joyce's parents, their 65th.  They are having a gathering at the coffee shop on Sunday, the 22nd.  Evie had put together a shopping list on Wegman's app so I bounced around the store, picking up an assortment of items and even though it was 5% off Tuesday, the lines were not very long.

A Female Merganser
I was home just before noon and Evie was making a pot of lentil soup.  Sometimes it turns out grainy and we cannot figure out why, whether the lentils or veggies are not cooked enough or something else.  Even after using a hand blender, it was not smooth so Evie put it through a sieve and finally, it was the way we like it.  I had another goose liver sandwich with a pickle for lunch and another bowl of veggie soup.  I am almost getting to the bottom of the pot.  I was really tired for some reason so after watching Borderliner, I went upstairs and easily fell asleep reading about Maggie Dobbs early life.

An Afternoon Of Blue Skies And Clouds
After a delicious nap, I was tempted to go kayaking again but the lake was still not entirely open and the wind had picked up so I punted and stayed inside reading until it was wine time.  We had an easy dinner, again, leftover baked ziti from a dinner weeks ago plucked from the freezer.  All Evie had to do was pop it in the oven and make a salad and we had quite a tasty dinner.  I love Evie's Ziti as does our family.  We watched a BILLIONS, then HBO'S movie of the Joe Paterno tragedy, his fall from grace.  It was decent, not great but filled in some of the questions I had about Paterno's knowledge of Sandusky's pedophilia.  He was aware of it since the 1970's or so the film suggested.  How the seeming Giants have fallen over the past ten years because of sexual harassment scandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...