Thursday, September 7, 2017

Top Of The Morning

6:07

6:43

6:56

6:56


6:57

6:58

7:16
The sun is barreling in our front windows, but not for long as clouds hang above it.  It was another spectacular morning of sunrise photographs.  And I am so sick of listening to the pundits talk about Trump's latest.  Give him and me a break.  It's a chilly 51º and rain is forecast for both today and tomorrow.  Just so we have a sunny Saturday, for the Infinity Music Festival and the Chalk Walk in Jamestown.  We go to them each September but both were rained out last year.

Yesterday was a good day if I could forget the fact that I had just turned 74.  It was a calm morning on the lake so I started the day off with a long paddle, not wanting to come in it was so pleasant.  But I did and Evie and I finished up the blog and tried to decide what to do on this day.  I had thought about a moussaka dinner rather than going out to eat and Evie agreed it sounded better than going out to eat.  We needed the eggplant and other items for the moussaka so I got ready to go to the store. Because it looked as though it was going to rain later in the day, Evie wanted to get the lawn cut, so I gassed up the mower for her before leaving for Lakewood.  I stopped to see if I could get at quick oil change and safety check and they were able to get me right in.  So that took about forty-five minutes so I browsed at Cargo Freight next store and read on my Kindle until my car was ready, fifty bucks for a synthetic oil change, not bad.  I then did a quick run through Wegman's, the second time I have been there this week.  I think the cashier is beginning to recognize me.

When I got home, the lawn was mowed and Evie had already started on the moussaka, sauteing some onions and tomatoes.  We put away the groceries and while I had my lunch of spinach/mushroom soup and a sub, Evie roasted the eggplant and put together the moussaka, all but the white sauce which she will did at the last minute.

We both then took it easy the rest of the afternoon, reading or watching some TV and for some reason, perhaps the overcast sky, we did not go out on the dock.  I took a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods around 4:00, whacking a few more weeds along the path and Evie quickly put together one of my favorite late summer desserts, a peach crisp.  Around 6:00, Evie made the white sauce for the moussaka, put it in the oven and we enjoyed a glass of wine while it baked.

The moussaka was great, just what I wanted and along with a salad, we were both happy.  We watched Vice News, some tennis, news, and of course, the weather channel, as the hurricane was hitting some of the islands in the Carribean.  Just imagine if it had moved West towards Texas? A peach crisp with vanilla ice cream was the end of a fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...