Friday, September 29, 2017

46º And The Fog Rolls In


6:39

6:49

7:18

7:18

7:19
 I was up at 5:45, went outside to a sky filled with stars, amazing to see so early in the day.  It was chilly, 46º, what a difference from the 88º 36 hours earlier.  It was fun to watch the fog roll in, the clouds begin to dissipate, the sky lightens up, turns almost a rosy cream at the moment. A blue heron just flew by, joining the squawking seagulls, the floating ducks.  It's 8:45 and I just got back from kayaking, a bizarre morning as in the middle of the lake I could hear the mooing of cows.  And when I got home, our boat guy, Chris, was adjusting the shift cable on our boat, as it was skipping when I put it into gear.  Good news...just an adjustment was needed.

Into The Fog
Yesterday was a relief from the heat and humidity of the previous day.  And for the first time in a week, we had a windy day.  The temperature got up to the 60's midday, so it was a pleasant day to be outside.  Around 10:00, we wanted to get in a kayak morning, a big mistake.  We got about 50 yards from our dock when we hit the wind and waves, so we went with the waves down to Victoria and had to fight our way back to our house.  We then got busy as there is always something to do.  Evie worked in the house and I decided to downsize my garage's attic, again. throwing out stuff I have not used in the past five years.  I am sure in the next six months, I will need at least one of the items I threw away but I can live with it.  I gathered all the stuff, gave it the Evie test and she agreed, it all should be tossed. Evie meanwhile was working on the upstairs bedrooms, so I went up and we pulled the air conditioners out of the windows, thinking they would no longer be necessary now that fall has really arrived.

I had another dentist appointment at 1:00, so I had a light lunch, the lentil soup Evie had made earlier in the day.  I was having some discomfort with the new crowns, so the dentist readjusted my bite and I hope that helps.  I stopped at Peterson's Farmstand, hoping to pick up some Concord grapes but they were sour, so I just bought some tomatoes.  Evie was well on her way to finishing mowing the lawn when I got home, chopping up lots of fallen leaves.  It finally feels like fall, the cool temperatures, the changing trees, the quiet neighborhood.

We did not do much the rest of the afternoon. The extent of my action was to think about riding my bike.  We showered around 5:00 because we were having dinner at our neighbor's, Ken and Marjorie's home at 6:00.  It was warm enough to sit out on their front porch with a fleece.  We enjoyed a glass of wine, appetizers, and talked about the end of the season, as Charlie, another mutual friend was closing up his house for the winter and heading up to Pittsburgh until next June.

Friends and Neighbors From Pittsburgh
We had a great dinner, corn, chicken/peach enchiladas and black beans and rice and for dessert, a peach and grape pie from Portage Pie in Westfield.  We stayed until 9:00 when all of us lost our mojo and were ready to call it a day.  It was a nice way to end the season, start another one, the best, really, Autumn.  When we got home, we watched another Vice News, listened to the outrage over the Trump cabinets use of private jets before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...