Friday, September 8, 2017

Morning Showers Bring...


Photo Taken From Our Bedroom Window By Evie Of Me Kayaking This Morning In The Rain

6:50

6:51
It's 7:30 and I was up at 5:40, to darkness and rain pounding on the roof.  So far, we have gotten an inch.  It just let up some and I was getting bored listening to the radio so I was about to go out and kayak but it started raining again.  I am going to have to find that time in between showers if I hope to go out on the lake.  Well, I didn't as just as I got to Long Point, it started to rain.  I figured what the heck, it's just rain, so I stayed out for another half hour, arriving home soaked but happy.

Looks Like Rain
Blue Heron This Morning
Yesterday was wasted day as neither of us did much, accomplished much.  I did get some kayaking in late morning as Evie was busy upstairs, doing her thing.  It was a partly cloudy day, so that we never did make it out on the dock, mostly because it was cool, never getting higher than the low 60's. I was going to go out and try to put my garage back in order but got waylaid by trying to fit my new bike rack on the hitch.  Nothing seemed to work; either the hitch was the wrong size or the hole for the bolt was too big or too small.  I thought this hitch would be an easy one to put on and take off. Wrong.  I think I am going to have to send it back to Amazon.

A Rare Sighting Of A Ruddy Duck (migrating?) Yesterday Morning

Photo Taken While Kayaking Thursday Morning
Lunch was the rest of the spinach-mushroom soup and a p & j sandwich.  Since I did not feel like doing much, I watched two episodes of FNL before couching it with my new book, Don Winslow's THE FORCE, about the police department in NYC.  It's eye opening if it's realistic.  Around 3:00, Evie had a doctor's appointment in Mayville and was gone for a good couple of hours, having to wait of course to see the doctor, then wait for some renewed prescriptions, filling a good part of her afternoon.

I finally got off the couch around 4:00 and went for a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, on the path which I had weed whacked the last two days.  I cannot wait for fall to begin, for the leaves to fall, the colors to begin. The temperature, however, is just about right.

Evie's Garden 
Evie was home at 5:00, so we enjoyed a glass of wine before our dinner, the leftover moussaka, better than the night before, salad and garlic bread.  We watched a DVD from Netflix, a movie I thought might be interesting and nonviolent called DINNER RUSH.  Wrong as it opened with a mafia hit even though most of it was about a restaurant, the turmoil between a father and a son who wants to modernize the restaurant.  And, o yea, a couple of mafia goons attempt to muscle their way in as part owners of the restaurant, to their ultimate demise.  We watched it to the end, not sure why. It was good to get back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...