Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Kayaking Under Dark Skies, A Light Rain



6:50

7:04


7:21
 I was awake at 5:00, realized it was still dark and went back to sleep, getting up at 6:45 when it was still dark out, the sky filled with ominous clouds although it was not yet raining.  We went to bed last night to a pounding rain and thunder and lightning and ended up with over an inch of rain overnight. It's 9:30 and I went out to kayak around 8:00, the lake perfectly calm, great for water skiing, the sky filled with threatening clouds, and just me and a skier on the almost empty lake.

 Nancy And Jeff Skiing


Long Point And Prendergast Point
Yesterday was quite a contrast to Sunday's rain, lots of sunshine, puffy clouds and a march of boats up and down the lake, the last big boating day of the year.  Four neighbors have taken in their docks already, a sure sign of the end of summer.  I had a long paddle Labor Day morning, the usual triangle, a good way to start my morning.  We then had a leisurely morning coffee, in no hurry to do much since we were going out to dinner.  I ate my breakfast on the dock and realized it was a perfect day to enjoy sitting on the dock, reading and enjoying the sun and light breeze. I told Evie about it and she immediately packed her canvas bag and went out to enjoy the last sunny day for awhile if the weather forecast is accurate.

I watched some of the US Tennis Open before joining her, kicking back and reading on my Kindle.  Around 1:00, I got bored and hungry and went in and fried a couple of eggs, made some toast and watched more of the tennis.  It's such a different Open because I hardly know any of the players except for Nadal and Federer.  We both then did little the rest of the afternoon, enjoying just being on the lake.

Around 4:00, I decided to go for a short hike, through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, something I have not done since May.  The paths are overgrown and I am going to have take my weed whacker up to clear it this week.  But it was still pleasant to be back on my usual path, a short but pleasant half hour walk or hike.  When I got home, Evie was showering, getting ready for our dinner at Linda and Ron's but we had an hour and a half until we were to leave, so I did a half hour of yoga, completing my triad, of kayaking, a walk, and yoga.

Happy In Their New Home
We left for Linda and Ron's at 6:00 and were impressed by how nice their yard looked, with new bushes, a growing green lawn.  We were able to enjoy beers and appetizers on their front porch despite an invasion of lake flies that has been inundating their area.  We did eat inside, chicken thighs, salad, roasted corn and a nice bottle of wine.

Dinner's Ready
Their house is really coming together, looks lived in with pictures up, lamps placed, and furniture in place.  The last half hour we helped them set up both Netflix and Amazon Prime on their new TV, so they are ready for a winter of great movies and series.

We did not get home until 10:30, just as it was starting to rain, thunder and lightning.  Evie stayed up to watch the light show over the lake but I was tired and went up to bed to read and fall quickly asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...