Friday, August 11, 2017

Overcast With A Chance Of Rain

A Happy Sixteenth Birthday To Our Granddaughter Hayden
6:31

7:30
I was up at 6:30 and because of the overcast skies, there was no evidence of a sunrise, just a gray sky that slowly grew lighter.  It's 60º and will get up into the 70's depending on whether we get some rain, a doubtful proposition.  Again, the lake appears empty of boaters.  I should be out their kayaking but feel lazy and tired and it's only 8:00.  Well, I found some mojo and went for a paddle and it felt good to get out on the lake.  As I was finishing, one of our neighbors had just finished a swim across the lake to Long Point and back, followed by a kayak, a better man than me.

Kayaking On A Gray Morning
Yesterday was not the best of days because neither of us felt up to par, not sure why but we struggled through the day.  I did manage to get to yoga but I was uncomfortable through most of class, waiting for it to end.  When I got home, a tired Evie was out cutting weeds again, much to my surprise.  I did not feel like eating lunch but Evie made me a smoothie before I drove off to Jamestown for a test at my doctor's office.  Afterward, I had an hour before I was to drop my car off to get a safety check so I walked into and around TJ Maxx but found nothing of interest.  I spent about forty five minutes at the garage, only to find out that I needed a new shock to pass the inspection to pass the inspection so I will have to drop my car off next week to get it done and get my sticker.  This was expected as a car this old is bound to have something eventually rust out.  On my way home, I picked up more pea gravel for Evie because she wants to create more of a border around our parking area.

No wine time for either of us because we both were feeling uneasy (we must have eaten something that did not agree with us on Wednesday), but Evie managed to put together a quick meal of spaghetti along with a salad.  Dinner tasted good and it was the first real meal I had eaten all day. We watched a fairly new movie called MISS SLOANE, about a no holds barred lobbyist iwho seems to break all the rules, gets indicted, appears to have lost the bill she was fighting for only to Rocky like, wins in the end.  It was a C, barely worth watching, overacted with little interest to keep us glued to the TV but we finished it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...