Friday, August 25, 2017

A Fun Night At Brigadoon's In Findley Lake


Morning Rain On A Dahlia
6:43

6:44


7:27
 I had a difficult morning as I kept waking up, looking to see if the light had begun to enter the room until finally, I got up at 6:15, knowing it was morning, not still night.  It's chilly again, 55º, with the highs only in the 60's.

Morning Visitor
We had a much better day yesterday, as Evie was rested, ready to be busy again, her old self.  I headed to yoga after a nice breakfast at 9:40, getting to class just in time to find a space for my mat.  I really like the class as we did a number of different asanas and I felt energized when I left.  Yoga clears the mind, heals the body.  Sort of.  I then stopped for a coffee, signed a birthday card for Courtney, one of the many baristas, then drove to Wegman's for the first time in a week, amazing.  I need to pick up a few things for last night's appetizers, but other than the usual yogurt and some veggies, I did not need much.   The eggplants, however, looked good and I could taste the eggplant and tomato sauce pasta, so I picked up a couple.  On the way home, I stopped at Evans and picked up a couple bottles of Chilean red as we are running low and we won't make it to Trader Joe's until next weekend when we go to Akron for a friend's wedding.

When I got home, I was surprised to see Evie cutting the lawn since she had mowed it a couple of days ago.  But then I realized this love for mowing was not unusual, just normal so I wished her well and went in, put away the groceries and made myself some lunch by heating up the remaining enchilada from the previous night's dinner.  And by 1:30, the lawn, the back yard and garden all looked super, neat and tidy for a couple of days.

The rest of the afternoon was one of leisure, the only chore to make sure the downstairs and front porch were in order.  Evie had already done most of the picking up so I had little to do, some dishes, cleaning out the car, putting some things away.  By 5:00, the house was in order and we both took showers, getting ready for our dinner.  At 5:45, Evie put together our appetizers, toasted baguettes with cheese and tomatoes, basically bruschetta.

Appetizers And Wine On Our Porch
At 6:00, our neighbors, Ken and Majorie arrived with Charlie T, our musician friend and we sat on our front porch for an hour, enjoying the early evening on the lake. The five of us have gotten together two or three times a year for the past four years, either eating in or out.  After wine and appetizers, we drove to Findlay Lake, to a fairly new restaurant called Brigadoon.

Another Embarrassing Selfie At Brigadoons
Evie and I had been there once, about a year ago and liked it so we decided to try it again.  It was a good choice, a helpful waitress, good draft beer and everyone enjoyed their meals.  We had baked wings as an appetizer which were really good, too.  After driving out through the countryside on back roads, we took the highway back in the dark, getting home around 9:30.  Another fun evening with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...