Saturday, August 26, 2017

Fog And Forty Five Degrees

6:24

6:52

7:09

7:24
I was surprised when I woke up at 6:20 to see a fog bound lake.  I could not see beyond the dock and the fishing guys had to use their lights to navigate.  Around 7:00, the fog started to break up some as the sun began to rise and I could just make out Long Point. Now, however, at 8:00, the heavy fog has returned and I can just see beyond my dock.  And it's still a chilly 48º.

Friday was Friday, with a yoga class at 9:30 for me, seven of us, and I had difficulty losing my monkey mind despite my awareness and attempts to stop thinking about both the past and future. Usually, I can lose myself in my asanas but not yesterday.  After class, I gave in and stopped at Ryder's for a coffee and I stopped at the Auto Zone to pick up some tar and sap remover because wherever I park my car, either the willow or pines drop sap of some kind on our cars and it can be difficult to remove.  And I went to Wegmans because we needed a few things for dinner and an appetizer for a Woodlawn gathering today at 5:00.

When I got home, Evie was out on the dock but the wind soon drove her inside and it was chilly.  She decided to give our boat a deep cleaning so before I had my lunch, I pulled the boat almost into shore and ran an electrical line out to it and took out our shop vac for cleaning the carpet.  So, as I ate my lunch and watched FNL, Evie vacuumed the boat's carpet and scrubbed the seats.  I have to admit the boat looked spiffy by the time she was through, ready for a cruise later in the afternoon.

After a nap and some reading, I went out and washed my car, working at getting some of the sap from the pines off of a few areas.  It's not easy.  After I washed the car, Evie went over the windows with her miracle window washing cloths, making the windows sparkle.  And since it was a pleasant afternoon, she worked in her garden some before we got ready for another booze cruise.  Evie brought along a glass of wine and I made myself a gin and tonic, something different, and we cruised over to Bemus, along Lakeside Drive and home.  We were gone probably close to an hour and it was windy in sections of the lake but calm and warmer along Bemus.

Unfortunately, we had done nothing about dinner so we both worked at putting it together.  Evie baked some eggplant in the oven and cut up tomatoes to saute as I shucked the corn and got the noodles for the eggplant pasta going.  It took us about a half hour to get dinner plated before we sat down to eat and watch TV.  Neither of us felt like watching a show so we channel surfing, watching some news and other programs before going up to bed around 11:00.  We looked forward to sleeping on a cool night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...