Friday, August 18, 2017

Half Inch Rain


6:21

6:32

6:33

6:38


7:10

7:22
Rising too early lately, at 5:45 this morning to a mottled sky of gray.  And the sky kept beckoning me, with its changing canvas until it turned to gray and overcast around 7:15.  But now, at 7:50, the sun has risen above the clouds, its reflection spreading on the lake.  It's a sticky 72º already but should not get much warmer as the day progresses.

Early Morning Skiing 
Yesterday was a sad, depressing day for me as I had to retire (junk) by 2004 Honda Pilot.  We thought it just needed new tie rods but further, inspection showed the entire sub frame was rusted through and could not be fixed.  I have been dreading this day as I use the Pilot like a truck, hauling dirt, stones, weeds, sea weed, etc, and I did not have to worry about getting it dirty.  So today, I drive down to my mechanic, hand over the title and he will give me a measly 250 bucks.  I suppose I might be able to get more from it but I don't want the hassle and I certainly don't want to drive it.  So we are down to two cars like most families I guess or most privileged white families like us.

After I found this out, I went to yoga class, a crowded one but had to leave early because I was getting two tires put on my 2000 Honda Accord.  That took about forty-five minutes but it enabled me to go through the Pilot and see if I had left anything of usefulness in its various pukas, Hawaiian for holes or pouches.  Before I got home, I stopped at Reverie Creamery and picked up a nice buttery blue cheese,  soft like a brie and a baguette to assuage my depression.  Now I am ready to marshall on like a good boy.

I had the leftover matzo ball soup for lunch and watched the rest of the penultimate episode of Ozark, a grisly episode, as a couple of rednecks get their comeuppance.  I have one episode to go and have no idea how the series can pull everything thing together for a sense of closure.  Perhaps it will end with the idea that the series will continue next year, a cop out actually.  The rest of the afternoon I read and napped, then did some work in the yard, helping Evie and carting weeds up the hill.

We were looking forward to wine time because we had the blue cheese and baguette for an appetizer and we hoped when we sat on our porch, that it would rain.  And it did, reluctantly, as we waited there,  the sky darkening, the rain occasionally pelting the lake.  We listened to the news, then music, until it started to get dark and we got hungry.  Evie browned a couple of chicken sausages and leftover potatoes.  And we had a couple ears of corn a piece to complete our dinner.  We watched a couple of Vice News as well as the major channel's coverage of the tragic terrorist attack in Barcelona.  What a world we are bequeathing to our grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...