Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Orange Sphere In The Morning


6:31

6:32

6:39

7:00
I was up at 6:15, sort of sleeping in after getting up so early yesterday.  Because of the haze, the sun rose like an orange ball over Long Point, a perfect sphere of orange although the photos seem to dilute the brightness of the orange and it looks yellow.  It's a pleasant 56º morning on a very quiet lake.  Yesterday seemed like the beginning of fall, with the temperature in the 70's, an empty lake, a quiet neighborhood.  I am sure the 80+ weather will return, but for now, we are luxuriating in the comfortably autumn like weather.  And I just got back from a half hour paddle routine, the triangle, over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and home, a good start to my morning.

Yesterday was Tuesday, 5% off shopping day at Wegman's.  So after a good yoga class, seven of us, I drove off to Wegman's, my handy phone in hand, with the Wegman's app, listing the items Evie wanted by aisle. Ah, technology.  Because of it, I zoomed around the store but the app lacks one thing, the ability to find the fastest check out line.  Unfortunately, I once again picked the wrong one and had to wait to have a cashier explain to a customer how to use her credit card, then get cash, then get the proper assortment of cash.  Luckily, I use my yoga breathing techniques to settle down and smile and say, no problemo.

When I got home, Evie already had the bacon sizzling for a couple of BLT's, what a gal.  She knew I would be tired from getting up so early, so an early lunch was a game saver.  Around 12:30, as I downed my BLT's, she drove over to Linda's house to help plant Jerusalem artichokes along their creek bank.  I watched another episode of OZARK,  then fell asleep reading for a much needed nap.  When I woke, Evie was still not back, so I went out on the dock to read but it was too windy, so I pulled out a chaise lounge in the side yard and read until Evie got home.  By then, the wind had settled down and we both went out to enjoy the sun on the dock for an hour or two before dinner.

6:10 PM
Around 6:00, Evie put the thawed cabbage rolls in the oven, I washed and cut up potatoes, boiled them, which Evie then mashed and we were ready for a nice cocktail hour followed by an already made dinner.  I had bought some Affinois brie at Wegman's and had left it out to get to room temperature, so it was perfect to spread on crackers.  We sat out on our porch for a good hour and a half enjoying our cheese, having a Manhattan until we got hungry and went in for dinner.  The cabbage rolls were just as good as ever, with mashed potatoes, of course, and we watched Bill Maher. We also watched both CNN and MSNBC discuss Trump's latest scary tweets about North Korea and turned to FOX for comedy.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...