Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Not Much Of A Morning Sky



7:18

8:28
It's 7:50 and I have been up since 6:40, waiting for something interesting to photograph but the sky remains one vast blank canvas of gray.  I did catch a blue heron who seemingly arrives early in morning to fish in our neighbor's lakefront.  I love his awkward walk, body parts going in all direction.  It's a chilly 59º, the high getting into the low 70's.

Searching For Breakfast

No Luck
It does not look like our week is going to change much as we are back into a routine.  The day did not start out well, nor did it end well.  When I got in my car to drive to yoga, one of the warning lights was on...ugh, more money I thought.  I drove to yoga, worrying about the light and had a hard time keeping it off my mind during class.  I stopped at my mechanic after class, and he said to bring it in at 2:30 and he would check the light.  I then made the mistake of driving to Ashville, where I was going to get an estimate on how much it would cost to recover the seats on my boat which are worn and ripped.  Well, the estimate came in at 4500.00 bucks! Needless to say, I am going to get another estimate, driving off to a recommended Amish guy who I hope will be cheaper.  So besides my car, the cost of the boat ruined my lunch, of 16 bean soup and a cheese sandwich, compliments of Evie.

The semi good news is that when I drove to my mechanic later in the day, the red light did not seem to be anything serious.  It has some thing to do with the gas cap and a sensor that if I need to get a new one, will cost 75 bucks plus labor.   He turned the light off and said drive it and see if it comes back on.  If not, fine, if it does, then we can get the part which I will need if I want to pass the safety inspection for 2018.  That was sort of good news.

While I was gone, Evie worked on giving my bean soup more flavor, successfully I might add.  And she put together our dinner, a ratatouille, a mix of eggplant, onions and other goodies,  to go along with marinated teriyaki pork chops.  Once that was done, she was free to enjoy the dock briefly because the southerly wind was so strong that we could not enjoy sitting out for long.  So we watched lots of news about Houston and got some things done around the house.

Dinner used to be one of our go to dinners back in the 1990's but we have not made it recently, teriyaki pork chops, ratatouille, rice and yogurt to put on the ratatouille. It hit the spot as we watched what we thought would be a movie about corporate cheating called THE ACCOUNTANT but it ended up being a violent shoot em up.  Ben Affleck, the protagonist, suffers from Asperger's syndrome.  He, however, has certain skills: the mathematical mind of a genius, thus an accountant, to go along with being an expert in karate and using firearms, skills taught to him when he was young by his military father.  So it ended up not being a quiet movie but one where Affleck must kill at least 15 or 20 bad guys only to discover that the baddest guy of all, the last man standing, is his brother. Go figure.   We ended the evening, catching up on the latest in Houston, the latest on Trump's continuing blundering towards Moscow.

Earlier in the day, I had called my boat guy, Chris, because I needed a new prop for my boat.  He said he would stop by, early evening, and check it out and put new plugs in my motor.  Well, about 8:00 we finally saw him out on the dock, working on my motor.  When I went out to see him, he told me he was so late because two of my neighbor's had boat trouble and he had to get both of their boats running.  I guess it was a good thing I had him stop over to check out my prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...