Thursday, August 10, 2017

Here Comes The Sun, Again


6:31

6:41

6:44
Another morning of an orange orb rising above Long Point, its brightness muted by the haze, making it easy to view.  It's a cool 57 at 6:05 when I got up.  And, it looks like another stellar day at the lake, no rain in sight, moderate temperatures and lots of sun.

Yesterday I got in a quick paddle before going to yoga, so I felt better about leaving the lake at 9:40 to practice yoga inside on a great morning.  The class was good as usual, not crowded and I stopped for coffee at Ryders.  I got home around noon and Evie had been busy as a beaver, spring cleaning the windows and blinds.  She had two small chores in mind for me so I wanted to get them done before lunch.  I got out my electric hedge cutter and trimmed our privets in the front yard as they were overgrown.  Then, I got out Evie's special new window washing cloths, one for washing, the other for drying and shining and washed the front windows, squeezing in a small ladder behind the rhododendrons.  The cloth seemed to work well until Evie looked up information on them and realized the wash cloth should have been the dry and shine cloth.  O, well, they worked even though we mixed up their purpose.

Another Dahlia
When I finished, Evie had a can of Campbell's tomato soup heating on the stove and had made two toasted cheese sandwiches for my lunch.  I am a lucky boy and I felt as if I were back in my youth, tomato soup, and toasted cheese, still a classic American lunch. Around 2:00, Evie finished her work and went out to enjoy some sun on the dock.  I read, tried to nap but got up and decided to get a life. I put on my biking togs, a bright orange shirt, pumped up my bike tires, threw my bike in the Pilot and drove over to Bemus Point to ride.  I parked just off the bridge and had a nice hour ride through Bemus, up Lakeside Drive, through the Park to Long Point and back.  It felt good to be back on my bike and it was a beautiful day for a ride, a nice breeze, sun, and the temperature in the 70's.

When I got home, Evie was getting ready for our dinner out at the Rod and Gun Club so I quickly showered and we drove off just after 6:00.  We stopped at Mike's Nursery in Lakewood on the way and picked up some perennials at half price, as well as a large flowered basket for the bargain price of five bucks. We like deals.  We then found a spot in the busy Rod and Gun parking lot and sat at the bar for about twenty minutes until our name was called and we were seated in the best seats in the house according to the host, with a view of the lake.  We had been told by friends that we should make sure to go on Rib night and order a rack not half a rack because you could take the other half home for dinner the next night.  They were correct as we both only got through half a rack, a baked potato, and cole slaw before asking our server for a doggie bag.  We were home by 8:30 and we watched a new HBO special called THE DEFIANT ONES, the story of two of music's great music producers, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine.  We both are Jimmy Iovine fans but did not know much about Dr. Dre.  The documentary is really good, both having amazing stories about their rise to the top of the music business and as entrepreneurs, when they sold their head phone business, BEATS, to Apple for 3 billion.  They then took 70 million to start a school of Arts, Technology and Innovation, and music at the Unversity of Southern California.  Amazing guys.  It is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...