Thursday, September 12, 2024

Sun Rising At 7:12

7:04

7:12

It's a clear sky, sunny morning, again, and 57º. I was up at 6:25, Evie at 7:00 and we are enjoying the sunrise and our coffee, waking up slowly before beginning our day, breakfast at 8:00 at the Ashville Country Store for me, and Evie at 9:30, with her kindergarten class. It's 9:00 and I just returned from breakfast and have a dilemma. Should I kayak, hike or ride my bike?

Yesterday was a blah day except for a good morning paddle. After it and the blog, we planned our day and because neither of us had much mojo, we planned to just hang out with nothing on our plate. Around 10:00, I volunteered to get another basket of peaches from Peterson's farm, so off I went, hoping also to get a  few things for our tabbouleh salad. Unfortunately, I had to go to two more stores to get parsley so I was gone much longer than I expected. 

When I returned, it was time for lunch and fortunately, we had some of the leftover lemon chicken so all I had to do was microwave it and I was happy watching my series. Neither of us did much but sit around, read, watch TV, or nap probably because we had a bad night sleeping after the Presidential Debate which according to Donald Trump, he won, just like the election he won. It was a perfect late summer afternoon and we were tempted to go for a boat ride but lacked the energy. Pathetic. A good friend of mine, a colleague at Robert College in Istanbul called and we talked about the good old days in Istanbul. 

We had our usual glass of wine before dinner when Evie grilled lamb chops, having put together the tabbouleh earlier in the afternoon. We feasted on the lamb and bulgar or cracked wheat with onions, parsley, mint, and lots of lemon. We watched the last two episodes of The Perfect Couple, a bit disappointing but worth watching. We then watched Caitlin Clark play her worst game as the Fever lost to Las Vegas.  I made the mistake of listening to a Republican shill explain why/how Trump won the debate before going up to bed.  Infuriating and insomnia-making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...