Thursday, September 26, 2024

A Calm, Gray Lake Morning

7:44

10:27

Well, it's later than usual, 10:30 as I start this. I had breakfast at 8:00, returned home at 9:10, went for a forty-minute paddle and here I am, ready to write the blog. It was a neat morning, not a ripple on the lake, with mostly a gray sky. The only bummer is the lake's turning green from an algae bloom, the curse of many lakes.

Kayak Morning

Long Point And Looking North

Yesterday was another one of those days where I just didn't feel like doing much. Other than a paddle, I mostly hung out in the house. After breakfast and the blog, Evie drove to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment and then did some major shopping for the Treasure Chest at Dollar General and Aldi's. I got fed up sitting around the house and walked our neighborhood, talking to the guys bringing in a neighbor's dock. We will have ours out in another week or two, a sure sign that winter is coming. 

Once I settled on the couch, I heard a knock on our door and had to sign and prove my age for a couple of packages. One was amazing, a jar of Katz's Deli chicken soup from our good friends, Ron and Vicky, who live in Maine. They realized both of us had COVID-19 and sent chicken soup. We loved it. The other package was from our daughter Jill and we finally figured out why we had to prove we were 21 and sign for it. It was a box of 12 small packs of Roadie, a combination of blood orange and cardamon, along with 2mg of THC and 4mg of CBD, thus the age requirement. Our daughter Jill sent it, thinking Evie might try it instead of a glass of wine each night. Add it to sparkling water, lemon, and lime, and it's a good way to relax and calm down, after a trying day in kindergarten. 

I had the chicken soup for lunch and the last half of a chicken salad sandwich. I watched my show, Justified, then read and napped, what else do I do in the afternoon. When Evie returned, I helped her bring in all the goodies. Because she is celebrating her birthday with her kindergarten class today, she spent the next hour organizing goodies for each kid, starting with a cupcake, hat, and bracelet. They should love it.

Once that was done, we relaxed before frying up some pork chops and potatoes for dinner, along with a couple ears of sweet corn. We watched Jon Stewart, then the Indiana Fever game. Evie went up to bed at half-time, and I watched the second half, then some news before joining her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...