Sunday, September 8, 2024

Get Out The Fleece: 47º Morning

7:07

9:07

It's a brilliant fall-like morning, with clouds, sun, and blue skies constantly changing and moving. I was up at 6:15 with the bass fishermen, and now, an hour later, I am starting the blog before going out for a paddle. The fishing tournament guys next door left at 6:30 and will finish up later this afternoon. They are from Cleveland and have been coming here for a fishing weekend for years. It's 9:30 and I paddled for close to an hour and ran into my kayak friends, Tina and Jim, up for the week. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Great Blue Heron

Osprey

Great Blue Fishing For Breakfast

Saturday was an easy day because we had nothing on our plate. And because it's that kind of day, we actually got some things done, like changing the house water filter, which is always a pain and getting a haircut later in the day. So after a long paddle, we decided to get a few things done but still have a day of relaxation and leisure. The only thing I have to do on Saturdays is take the trash to the Transfer Station which I did around 11:00. And that was it for the day although I was tempted to go for a bike ride, just tempted.

Lunch was the leftover African vegetable stew, still tasty and filling with an ear of corn. I watched some football, read, then napped briefly, then read and watched some of the Women's US Open until 5:00 when I showered and got ready to go out for my birthday dinner. Linda and Ron arrived at 5:30 and I then drove forty-five minutes, in sporadic rain, to Colaos, a quaint, neighborhood Italian restaurant in Erie. Since there was no parking, we had to find a place along the narrow streets. 

Dining Italian In Erie, PA

They had a great table ready for us and our waitress, Maggie, was excellent. We ordered wine, some beers, and calamari for an appetizer, the best we have ever had. The menu is extensive and all four of us found something we liked. I had Pasta Carbonara with shrimp, Evie a tasty scallop dish. The place was packed and filled with people enjoying a Saturday night out. We left around 8:15 and drove home once again in on-and-off showers, some intense. It was a perfect night out, with great food, good friends, and a perfect way to spend my 81st birthday.

Colaos Bar

When we got home, Evie went to bed and I watched some college football until 10:00 then joined her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...