Saturday, September 28, 2024

A Slash Of Morning Color

7:38

7:41

7:46

I woke to a gray sky at 7:00 but now, at 7:30, some color has appeared over the southeastern sky as the bass boats roar around Long Point, as a tournament begins. It looks like rain later in the day but I should be able to get in a paddle. It's 9:20 and I got in a forty-minute paddle, fighting the southerly wind, coasting home. 

Kayak Morning

North

Yesterday began with a 35-minute paddle and photos of two herons for the first time in a few days. I thought they may have migrated along with the ospreys. I couldn't decide whether to go to yoga or not and decided to put on my 'do something' tee shirt and go to yoga. The last two times I went to class on Fridays I was the only one but fortunately, there were three others. It was a good class, not too rigorous but lots of movement of various body parts. After class I stopped at Sav A Lot picking up a few things Evie needed.

When I returned home, Evie was busy organizing the treasure chest for our visit to Euclid for a clambake with family and friends. I read some before lunch, a bagel with cream cheese and tomato, and watched my show. Afterward, I decided to nap, of course, and told Evie I would clean up the kitchen after my nap which was filled with dirty dishes because she was busy baking a few things. I napped briefly and read my new book, "The God Of The Woods, set at a coed summer camp. I then did the dishes, started the dishwasher and decided to do something so I went outside and mowed the side yard. Typically, the electric mower which died every time I started it the last time I used it worked fine. 

By 5:30, we were both exhausted and slumped on our couches with a glass of wine. We were going to order out but decided to have our usual last-minute go to dinner, fried potatoes, eggs, and a salad. We listened to Kamala's impressive speech in Arizona as she seems more and more confident. We then watched a new film on Netflix, His Three Daughters, about three estranged daughters who gather because their father is in hospice. We both really liked it and great performances by all three women. Evie went up to bed and I watched another episode of the adaptation of Tony Hillermen's novel, Dark Winds, with Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee. I remember being into the novels back in the 1980s, reading most of them, set in southwest USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...