Wednesday, September 25, 2024

A Late Fall, Winter Like Day

8:31

This morning has the look of a winter day for some reason. Gray on gray with some wind and 60º,  much like yesterday. Well, somehow I found the mojo and went for a thirty-five-minute paddle. I was too far away from a bald eagle to get a good shot and on my paddle home, it started to drizzle. Still, it was good to be back out on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Sandy Bottom

Hanging In Jim And Tina's Pine Tree

Tuesday was not the best of days, probably because I skipped kayaking because I lacked the energy to get out on the lake. I did make myself go to yoga, however, a class in which I couldn't wait for it to be over because our teacher was experimenting with different poses. I then stopped at Ryders Cup for coffee and talked with the guys for a half hour which was fun. I hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks. I then shopped at Wegman's because it's 5% Tuesday and crowded. I was happy to get out of there in 20 minutes of frenzied shopping, looking for that item on Aisle 15 but I couldn't find it.

Evie, of course, was at kindergarten when I got home but had made creamy broccoli soup for me and I saved half of a BLT from Monday night's dinner so I was happy, watching Justified introduce a new bad guy. I  couldn't wait to return to my book and fell asleep for forty-five minutes. Evie returned about 3:00, having done a quick run through TJ looking for goodies for the Treasure Box. We will be going to Euclid this Saturday for a clambake and Evie wants to bring the Treasure box for some cousins. 

We relaxed with a Manhattan finally, a first since we got over COVID-19, along with a good cheese and a bag of chips. Dinner was easy, fried potatoes with cheese and a couple of eggs and we watched the usual news, Colbert, and home improvement shows. No football thank god, just good old TV shows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...