Saturday, September 21, 2024

A Quiet, Partly Cloudy Saturday Morning

Evie's Dahlias


7:47

9:35

It's a surprisingly quiet Saturday morning, with a light breeze, and a few boats on the lake, an auspicious start to the Fall season. I paddled for a half an hour and only came across Canadian geese, no herons or osprey, alas. 

Kayak Morning

Morning Clouds

Morning Sky

Friday was another quiet boring day, the only action, an early forty-minute paddle. Fortunately, Evie is beginning to feel better so we did get a few things done like cleaning up the kitchen and organizing our pills, always a pain. I did water Evie's garden which really needed it since we have not had rain in a couple of weeks. That took a good half hour so at least I did something productive in the morning.

Lunch was Linda's beef barley soup, and I watched another episode of Justified. I then read and took an hour's nap which is unusual for me. Usually, I struggle but not since I have had Covid. While I was napping, Evie prepped our dinner, seasoned eggplant slices ready to be sauteed for sandwiches. Evie was unable to nap so she spent most of the afternoon on the couch or writing postcards to potential Democratic voters, urging them to vote. 

Fifty Down, Fifty To Go

Dinner was great, eggplant sandwiches with mayo and tomatoes and a salad. We watched Stephen Colbert and some news before Evie went up to bed early, tired from Covid.  I made the mistake of watching a film called The Gray Man. I had just read a Gray Man novel so I thought I would see what it was like. Well, if you like non-stop action, hundreds of bad guys being mowed down, chase scenes, and cars crashing, then this film is for you. By 9:45, I had enough and went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...