Sunday, September 15, 2024

Blinding Sun At The Moment

7:51

8:41

It's 8:30 and we are both up. I was up at 7;20, Evie at 8:00. I am still feeling bad, coughing, aching, and unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours the last two nights. I did take a covid test yesterday and it was negative but will take another today. I feel too tired to paddle, alas. 

Yesterday began with a paddle despite the lack of sleep and tiredness and coughing. When I came back, I had breakfast, wrote the blog, and took a Covid test that was negative. The rest of the morning  I spent trying to sleep, relaxing on the couch, reading or watching TV. My one accomplishment was to take the trash to the Transfer Station around 11:00, just to help Evie out. She left for Wegmans to pick up cough, pain, and allergy medicine for me, returning around 1:00. I was not very hungry so while she was gone, I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I then tried again to take a nap but I just can't fall asleep for long. It's frustrating. Around 4:00, I talked with my daughter Beth who also was feeling some of the same symptoms as me and she just wrote this morning that she tested positive for COVID-19, no doubt a result of teaching 80+ sixth graders. 

The afternoon went fast and I sat outside in the yard reading, getting some sun which felt good. I skipped happy hour, no interest in wine, and by 6:00, we were having dinner, chicken soup from Wegmans, and toasted cheese sandwiches. I did finish the soup but ate only one of the sandwiches because I was not hungry, We watched Real Time With Bill Maher, which allowed me to take my mind off my pathetic self for a bit. We both went to bed early, around 9:15, hoping to get some sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...