Friday, September 27, 2024

Partly Cloudy

Heron Morning

7:49

It's  7:50 and the sun just popped up above the clouds, a welcome sight after days of gray skies. It's 59º, will get up into the 70s with little sun, mostly clouds and no rain. We did get an inch of rain Wednesesday, much needed. The lake is quite low and green from an algae bloom as I mentioned yesterday. I paddled for 35 minutes and was rewarded with photos of two different herons so they are still hanging around the lake. 

Sun's halo

Hanging In Sandy Bottom

Thursday was a busy day for Evie as she celebrated her birthday with her kindergarten class. She had goodies for the entire class and they had a grand old time, with cupcakes, and bags of goodies, the stickers and friendship bracelets, their favorite. While she was having fun, I had breakfast in Bemus with Jack, back from a trip to the Badlands and a houseboat on the lakes in Minnesota. After breakfast, I did get in a 35 minute paddle but it seems that the osprey have left, maybe even the herons because I have not seen either in the past couple of days. 

Kinney's Run

I did not feel like driving off and hiking somewhere so I walked the WoodlawVictoria woods for the first time in months. It took me a half hour, up Kinney's Run, across the creek, then through the woods and back down to Victoria. It felt good to walk it even though much of the woods were devastated by a clearcut last spring by Pine Hill, a tragedy. 

Fallen Leaves And Green Trees

Victoria

For lunch, I had the last of the broccoli soup, watched my show, and read until Evie arrived home with lots of stories about her day. It reminded me of Art Linklater's show where he talked with kindergartens. I then took a brief nap and finally finished my book, Spirit Crossing by William Kent Krueger. Evie was whooped from not sleeping well and her party so she just wanted to relax until dinner, with a glass of wine or two. Dinner was from Wegman's, cod filets on veggies, and all we needed to do was pop it in the oven for a half hour, easy. We watched the excitement of the weather people as they got to talk about the raging storm about to hit various parts of Florida and beyond. We also watched a Colbert, then 15 minutes of football before going up to bed.

Fall Dahlias

Pink

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...