Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Sunrise On A Frozen Lake Erie

7:16

7:31

7:41

7:46

8:14

It's 7:55, the sky over Lake Erie is clearing and I am sitting with my brother-in-law, Rich, in his house in Euclid, Ohio,  on the shore of Lake Erie.  I have been up for an hour, enjoying watching a different sky begin to lighten as the night wanes. We received a half-foot of snow overnight, the bushes and trees frosted with snow, the lake freezing up. 

Monday was a different day starting out with our car battery going dead just as we were ready to drive to Cleveland.  Fortunately, my neighbor, Jim came over with jumper cables, started my car and we were able to be on our way by 9:15. It was an easy drive despite the snow as we neared Cleveland. In fact, we were early for my test at the Cleveland Clinic, an echocardiogram, so we were able to relax.  We had lunch after my test, met with the cardiologist at 2:00, a young guy we really liked and he was reassuring about my heart health. We then had to wait forty-five minutes for our car from the valet service.  Next time, we will park in the garage. 

We drove home on snowy roads, arriving at my sister's house earlier than expected, at 3:45.  We haven't seen my sister and brother-in-law since their October clambake.  When we arrived, the house was filled with the aroma of my brother-in-law Rich's beef bourguignon, and then we sat around trying to remember our memories, which is getting harder and harder.  Two of their kids came over which was nice so we got to see them as well. We had drinks and appetizers, of course, cheese and crackers, and a family favorite, hanky pankys.  

Dinner With Rich And Linda

The kids stayed until 6:30 and then we had a great dinner of the beef bourguignon on rice, along with a baguette, salad, and lemon cake for dessert. Yum.  We sat around the rest of the evening, talking about, what else, our kids and grandkids, how great they are, how lucky we are. We ARE.  Both Evie and I were really tired by 9:45 so we went up to bed, the end of a busy but fun day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...