Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Morning Of White

7:35

It's just beginning to get light at 7:15 and unfortunately, I have been up since 5:30, reading and listening to NPR and now a Bill Simmons podcast. We received less than an inch of snow overnight, just enough to whiten everything. It's surprisingly warm by winter standards, 33º, and will get into the higher '30s later in the day. 

Long Point Trail

Pine Forest

Wednesday turned out to be a pretty good day because we both got in a good walk late morning.  First, we had our coffee and finished the blog then spent a good hour, looking at new refrigerators online and deciding which one made sense, would it fit in the space, and should we go for it.  Smartly, we decided to wait a day or two, perhaps deciding today whether to buy it or not.  Interestingly, Home Depot said to go online and look and buy it because they did not have much stock on the floor.  Once I suggested we wait a day, we decided to go for a walk over at Long Point, so Evie got ready and I read some, then pulled the car out of the garage, breaking up some ice so the doors will open. This is the first year I am putting our Outback in the garage because we got rid of the 2000 Honda Accord, alas.  We drove to the end of Lakeside Drive and walked for a couple of miles, over crunchy and icy trails.  For Evie, it was her first hike in a couple of weeks and she loved it, just being outside and breathing the crisp air.  We took our time so we were out for an hour, not getting home until just before 1:00. 



For lunch, Evie made me a toasted cheese sandwich to go along with a bowl of her vegetable soup.  I watched another episode of The Sopranos and am surprised that I am not interested yet in the series.  I still stick with it but it's not grabbing me, especially the episodes with the psychiatrist.  For some reason, the afternoon seemed to pass quickly.  I napped briefly and read quite a bit of my Joe Nesbo book although I don't much like crime books that are about serial killers, especially if they describe the killings. I am more interested in the detective, Harry Hole, his life and problems with his past and his colleagues.  

We were excited about dinner, especially Evie because she did not have to cook it because I was driving into Jamestown to the Italian restaurant we enjoy called La Cucina Della Nonna.  It was a twenty-minute drive and our dinners, both chicken and eggplant parmesan were ready when  I arrived.  I drove home the back way and it was also 20 minutes which surprised me. I have to admit that takeouts are never as good as enjoying dinner at the restaurant.  And my chicken parm was good, not great but Evie was not taken with eggplant parm, unfortunately.  Perhaps it has something to do with the film we watched, Dark Waters, with Ruth Wilson. It's a grim, depressing look at a siblings dealing with past abuse, trying to make a go on their sheep farm.  Wilson never smiles throughout the two-hour film which gives you some idea of the film's vibe.  Rotten Tomatoes rated it highly but we would not recommend it unless you are into unhappy lives.  We were happy, however,  to end the night with Jeopardy and Hot Ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...