Saturday, January 8, 2022

16º And Blue Skies

7:08

8:00

9:03

It's 7:48 and I have been up since 6:30, watching the light slowly increase.  I am listening to NPR and thought back to the good old days, the Saturdays when we used to listen to the car guys, Click And Clack.  I wonder if they would have been as popular if they had to compete with all the podcasts available today. I know I miss them. And I can see the orb of the sun, hidden behind the barren trees, waiting to rise above the tree line. It's 9:30 as I finish this. Evie's up, edited the blog and I already shoveled the parking area, getting ready for the trip to the Transfer Station later this morning. 

Gathering Of Seagulls

A Solitary Merganser

Yesterday was a snowy Friday, as we got probably eight to ten inches during the day and I had to clear the parking area three times and one more time this morning.  Today will warm up some, with clear skies, possible rain tonight, the worst part of winter, the snow turning to rain. So yesterday morning was our hunkering down inside, enjoying the falling snow, as I would occasionally put on my boots and winter coat and go outside and push the snow off our parking area.  I also pulled our car out of the garage, afraid it might get snowed in because of the snowplow creating two to three-foot banks when they clear our road. After my shoveling, I went for a walk in the frosted woods, cold but invigorating. I was out for a half-hour, creating a path through the deep snow. It was getting dark, the lake foggy, as the sun was beginning to drop.  

Snow Covered Trails


Woodlawn At Noon

Lake's Beginning To Freeze

Shoveling snow works up and appetite so I was hungry for lunch and heated up the last of the leftover chicken tetrazzini.  I watched my series, read some, napped, and was excited for mid-afternoon when I was going to use my new teapot. Making tea in my fancy new teapot will give me something to look forward to on these long winter afternoons, reminding me of our afternoons in Istanbul. I loved my teapot, a Jenna glass clear teapot but could not find the same one on Amazon so I had to buy an imitation, nice but not quite as graceful.  I also bought tins of Twinnings Earl Gray or Breakfast tea and will use them rather than Turkish tea which is stronger. So by 3:00,  I was able to enjoy a cozy cup of English Breakfast Tea, my teapot working just fine.




Wine Time

Evie has slowly begun to feel more like herself so we decided to celebrate the falling snow with a couple of glasses of wine and a good cheese, brie with blue. It was a good decision, as we had no worry about dinner because earlier, Evie had put together a pot roast with veggies and it was warming in the oven during our happy hour.  It snowed off and on, it's swirling entertaining us in the spotlight.  Dinner was great, perfect for a cold, wintry January night.  We watched Moonstruck with Cher, one of our favorites.  We ended the night with Jeopardy, not Hot Ones.

Snowy, Snowy, Night



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...