Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Sun Up

7:42

7:48

It's  8:13 and we both woke at the same time, 7:30 which is unusual to say the least.  It's warming up some, to 28º, with partly cloudy skies but a bright sunrise, filling the living room with its light. The clouds are taking over the sky at the moment, 8:33, so it looks like another day of Chautauqua gray.

Bald Eagle Looking For Breakfast

Yesterday was cold, cold, cold, the damp kind of cold that goes through your layers.  I was not anxious to get outside as a result, so we both spent the morning in the house with the exception of a 15-minute shoveling of our parking area which was enough for me. After coffee and blog I was at a loss as to what to do then realized I had not done Yoga With Adrienne on YouTube in months.  So I gathered my yoga stuff, turned on the TV, and spent a good forty minutes with Adrienne, always cheerful and fun.  While I was in the TV room, Evie was making another mess of the kitchen, putting together her vegetable soup, veggies, open cans, food processor, measuring spoons, littering the kitchen, waiting for me to clean it up.  The soup, by the way, is worth the clean-up.  While we were in the kitchen, we were excited to look out at the lake and see a bald eagle on the ice, near Long Point.

While it was simmering for an hour or two, I warmed up my kuru fasulye, added hot sauce, and began The Sopranos on Netflix.  I was surprised by the first episode where Tony is depressed, seeing a psychiatrist.  I thought that did not happen until a much later season. After the first episode, I started a new book, The Thirst by Joe Nesbo,  tired of the two that I started.  It's alright so far and hope I stick with it.  After my nap, I made myself a cup of Twinings English breakfast tea in my new teapot but I don't yet have the routine down to my liking. 

3:44

4:03

Mid-afternoon, we began to see blue skies peek through the gray and the sun popped out occasionally.  I decided I needed some fresh air, though I would go for a walk around the Woodlawn circle but ended up walking in the cold woods for a half-hour.  That was enough, like the morning, where it was so cold you had to make yourself stay out. 

A Touch Of Pink


Surprise In The Woods

A Rough Frozen Lake

At 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters and I decided to call my friend, Mac, a colleague who lives in Woodstock, VT.  After the calls, Evie had dinner practically ready, two browned pork chops that just needed to be popped in the oven, baked red potatoes, brussel sprouts, salad, and homemade applesauce.  We struggled to find something to watch, settling on a film called Six Minutes To Midnight.  It was not very good and to top it off, halfway through we realized we had already seen it. Idiots.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and Hot Ones, with Halle Berry. 

Blogging In Morning Sunshine 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...