Thursday, January 20, 2022

Chillin On The Lake

7:29

7:41

7:49

Well, it's back to a cold morning, 12º and dropping during the days, with below zero temperatures forecasts for Friday. The dark sky is highlighted at the moment, 7:15, by a slash of color over the Bemus skyline.  As of the moment, not an ice fisherman has walked out on the ice. 

Yesterday was a wasted day for both of us.  I had an appointment for a body scan with my dermatologist at 10:30, which precluded any morning walk or hike. So after breakfast and the blog, I was off for my appointment at 10:30.  By 11:00, I was at Wegmann's, picking up a few things, then Evans for some booze, then home.  When I returned, Evie had put together our dinner, spaghetti squash stuffed with spinach, sausage, and cheese and was ready to leave for her hair appointment at 1:30, with various stops before and after her appointment.  So that more or less ruined any walk for the both of us although I admit the weather was not particularly inviting, as the snow began to melt. 

While Evie was gone, I had the last of the chicken for lunch, watched my show The Sopranos, and fell asleep while reading my book, no surprise.  Evie was back by 3:00, with some goodies for me from TJMaxx but none fit alas so back they will have to go. Mid-afternoon I made myself a pot of tea and enjoyed it while reading on the couch and listening, occasionally, to Biden's press conference.  It's always a nail-biter, with his meandering explanations, wondering if he's going to make a gaffe (mistakenly speak the truth), which he did. Overall, he showed command and depth of issues during the press conference, so different from the previous four years of platitudes and lies. 

Dinner was in the oven heating up as we enjoyed a glass of wine and listened to the pundits take apart Biden's press conference on Fox, less so on CNN but still critical.  We had our dinner, stuffed spaghetti squash with a salad, and watched Shep Smith, a change from CNN, then Colbert, Jeopardy, and The Good Fight before bed. It was not the best of days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...