Thursday, January 27, 2022

Rosy Fingered Sky And Zero Degrees

7:13

7:28

7:42

9:05

It's a beautiful sky this morning, blue above, rose-colored just above the horizon, Venus bright in the southeastern sky.  It's 7:00 and I have yet to see an ice fisherman trudge out on the lake but I am sure they will be out there soon. It's 9:30 as I finish this.  I had breakfast in Bemus and when I drove off, my car read -14º and when I arrived it had risen to -4º.  I have to admit it's the coldest I have ever felt outdoors. 

Chartreuse Man

Thunder Bridge

Hall Of Philosophy

Yesterday we woke up to a couple of inches of snow so, after breakfast and the blog, I went out to clear our parking area once again, as keeping up with it makes it easier in the long run.  Evie joined me and we worked for about 15 minutes, clearing it and sections of our road where the plow created mounds.  It snowed on and off as we worked so we decided we had to get in some exercise and I thought it would be scenic at the Chautauqua Institution and the roads would be plowed, making it easy to walk. So we drove over there and almost turned around after the first 100 yards because the wind and snow were hitting us in the face but once we turned the corner, it was more bearable. We weren't out long, walking just a mile but it was enough to make us happy,.

Episcopal Church At CI

Snow Covered Walk

For lunch, Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches and I finished up the matzo ball soup from a couple of days ago, still tasty.  I had an appointment to get a new battery at my car guy at 1:30 so I was off by 1:15.  It didn't take more than 20 minutes to get the new battery and replace one of the fog light bulbs yet I spent over two hundred bucks.  I then spent another fifty filling up my Outback so I was an expensive but quick outing. I was happy to get home to my Louise Penny mystery and fell asleep of course, waking refreshed. While I was gone, Evie had made some healthy cookies, with nuts, oats and apricots, perfect for tea time.  

Around 5:00, we enjoyed a glass of wine while Evie prepped out dinner, Wienerschnitzel, fried potatoes, and Brussel sprouts. We ate at 6:30, enjoying our Wienerschnitzel with applesauce, of course.  We watched Jeopardy and were shocked by Amy's loss after a forty-game winning streak to a librarian from Chicago. He was shocked as well. We ended the night watching a wordy, slow but interesting film from Iran called A Hero, on Prime Video.  We enjoyed the setting, reminding us of our days in Istanbul back in the 1970s. We ended the night with a home improvement show before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...