Saturday, January 15, 2022

3º And A Winter Storm Watch

7:10

7:30

7:39

8:08

8:18

I woke to a frigid morning, a spectacular threatening sky, and surprise, the first ice fishing tents of the year appeared on the lake just off of Long Point. It may get up to double digits later in the day, but it's going to be a nightmare for Buffalo Bills fans at tonight's game.

First Ice Fishing Of 2022

Friday was a  busy day for Evie, less so for me. It wasn't as cold as today so we were able to contemplate a walk somewhere but worried about both ice in some areas, mud in others so after our morning coffee and blog, we decided the easiest and safest hike would be in our Victoria/Woodlawn woods.  Evie had rarely hiked it with me so it was a revelation for her to see how easy it was to walk.  As I mentioned, it is just over a mile, with a few modest hills, and takes maybe half an hour. It felt good to be out in the cold air and we returned refreshed.  

Woods Of Woodlawn

While Evie got ready to shop, I heated up the leftover chicken parmesan and a bowl of soup for lunch. Evie headed to Wegman's and I enjoyed my lunch and watched another episode of the Sopranos. I then read some until Evie returned, helped her bring in the groceries, walking carefully because the walk was icy.  Once the groceries were in, I napped for a half-hour, hoping to make up for my bad night. 

Chautauqua Or Iceland? 

When I woke, Evie was busy in the kitchen, making a batch of chocolate chip cookies and once the first batch was done, I had a couple with a cup of tea, the good life in the afternoon. I also helped clean up the kitchen, getting it ready for the next round of cooking, the making our dinner, Indian butter chicken.  While Evie made it, I did up the dishes and we both enjoyed a glass of wine while working.

We ate the butter chicken on rice with a salad and watched a new film on Hulu called Bergman Island. It follows two filmmakers who have rented a house on the island where the famous Swedish filmmaker Ingemar Bergman lived. They hoped to be inspired by their stay, by the Swedish landscape, Bergman's house, and landmarks.  It verges on fantasy at times but is an interesting film, complicated by the relationship between the two filmmakers, their art, and their love for Bergman.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and Seth Myers on Hot Ones.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...